Dr. John Mclaughlin DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 1st, 2015
Nurse Practitioner
Last week we had the unfortunate experience of seeing Dr McLaughlin. This was a follow-up to an abnormal colonoscopy. He was 1 1/2 hours late for the appointment, did not apologize but he gave some excuse about sick patients. And he thought we should have called to see if he was on time. This shows he does not value any ones time but his own. We scheduled a time with him, it should be his responsibility to let his scheduled patients know he is running late and have the staff offer to reschedule before sitting for 1 1/2 hours . We already knew the biopsy was negative for cancer and that the lab work was normal. We also knew we needed an appointment with the Colorectal Surgeon for treatment. So, we wasted 2 hours of time, got no new information and he gets to charge for an office visit that was worthless. No, I will not recommend him to anyone. Isn't he about to retire???

April 25th, 2013
He was a nice enough guy. I had digestive problems for a long time, even while seeing him and i was diagnosed with crohns. After doing numerous tests, trying all kinds of meds and mostly feeling awful he came back after a test and told me that i didn't have crohns, it was all in my head, and took me off most of the medicine i had been on. Time passed and i got much weaker and sicker. I couldn't eat hardly at all. I was basically catatonic and became suicidal because i was so sick and no one would help. Had to go to a mental hospital twice because they said my symptoms were pyscho somatic. After all that i'd gotten a little better but a few months later i had to rush to the emergency room for severe pain. I thought it was kidney stones perhaps. It was in fact crohns diease and they had said if i'd kept going much longer without treatment i would have died because it was so badly diseased. Needless to say i left his practice after being there for quite a long time. The wait times were horrible too. Like an hour sometimes.

May 2nd, 2012
Confused About Others Reviews
When I saw the other reviews, I had to do a double take at the picture to make sure it was the same Dr. I would only recommend him to people who have a day to waste and after the two hours you wait to see him, he gives you five minutes of his time. In this five minutes, he answers a call on his cell phone from his wife, inwhich they discuss what is for dinner before he needs to get to CHURCH. I felt like I was a waste of his time and he had higher priorities than my well being.