Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The Truth About This Teaching Doctor show details The Truth About This Teaching Doctor
by Maureen E. Read on May 5th, 2015

THE IS NOT SLANDER. THIS IS THE TRUTH. AND MY REAL NAME IS RIGHT HERE. PLEASE READ. NO ONE HAS THE NERVE TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT McPhilemy aka GOD to his PEERS. Following are SERIOUS ISSUES, 2nd being THE WORST with McPhilemy. McPhilemy performed 2 knee arthroscopies on me. First, surgery, later told by McPhilemy, the surgical wound was quote, "Not properly stitched." Alarmingly, McPhilemy was not concerned, apologetic AND NOT SURPRISED. Cost me copay of $70.00 to fix his STUDENT'S (?) "MISTAKE." (McPhilemy is a TEACHING DOCTOR.) Did not even feel it. Suddenly, my daughter screamed, "Mom you are bleeding through your pants, bad." Sure enough, unbeknownst to me, I was profusely bleeding straight through the saturated bandages & my jeans were saturated with blood my entire knee and running down my leg. This was THE same Night of Surgery. Landed me in the ER 10:00 @ night having my "McPhilemy entrusted" surgical Wound REDONE WITH PROPER STICHING BY ER DOCTOR. THIS IS THE WORST OF THE 4 total Ignorantly NEGLIGENT McPhilemy nightmares. PLEASE, PLEASE READ! McPhilemy Ignored me for OVER 1 YEAR of My Repeately telling him about What LaterTurned Out to BE A GENUINE SPINE PROBLEM FOR OVER ONE YEAR.Told McPhilemy every visit for over one year about bad neck & arm pain. I had a neck fusion by an out-of-state specialist 2 yrs prior. McPhilemy, gave me cortisone shots twice, no relief. One visit he casually, still in pain, McPhilemy informed me, as he was walking out of my exam room, "You have cervical spine disease." That was it. Next to last visit, I had already waited 1 1/2 hours in extreme pain, again neck & arm. While in exam room, McPhilemy, walked by me when it was my turn, held finger up, as in "wait a minute." He had a non-patient VISITOR. I sat for 25 minutes while McPhilemy spoke to this male VISITOR about his professor college teaching job, Walking HIS DOG, And THE BEST! McPhilemy asked him about HIS WHIFFLE BALL TEAM! I walked out. Immediately found another surgeon. That surgeon immediately sent me for a cervical spine & shoulder MRI and a CAT SCAN. Last time I saw McPhilemy with results: I HAD AN IMFLAMED SHOULDER JOINT & PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN ARTHRITIS IN MY CERVICAL SPINE! What did McPhhilemy say me upon being told this info.? Exact Nonchalant Quote: "I did not know it was THAT bad." I left and never saw McPhilemy again. Just because of his Widespread Golden Reputation, does NOT hide his DELIBERATE NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOR with "Certain types of patients." I am on MEDICARE. I suffer from complex PTSD and other issues. McPhilemy is a teaching Dr. I sat thru a Synvisc injection so excruciatingly painful that made the room go white and I saw white spots. I told McPhilemy. Did he stop? NO. He casually said, "YOU JUST HAVE A LOW PAIN THRESHOLD." This McPhilemy "PERFORMANCE" was done with approx. 6 (or more) students in the exam room watching his, "THIS HERE IS THE WRONG WAY TO GIVE A PATIENT THEIR SYNVISC INJECTION!" Here is my point. I have mental illnesses, I am on Medicare. I have just reasons to take McPhilemy to court. Think about this: Who will be believed Dr. GOD McPhilemy or a Mentally Ill Medicare patient. Obvious. I would like to think it was just me, but I am not alone. Dear McPhilemy: YOU DO NOT USE PATIENTS AS HUMAN GUINEA PIG EXAMPLES FOR YOUR STUDENTS. He is the ONLY completely UNETHICAL doctor I have seen, firsthand, in my life.

The best!!! show details The best!!!
by Beth Schroeck on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr McPhilemy is totally rockin!!! He will tell you how it is. He does not waste time telling you what you want to hear!!! He will spend time with you answering any all questions that you have. I would highly recommend Dr McPhilemy!!!

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
Jul 12th, 2012

Dr. McPhilemy is the most kind genuine doctor I have ever encountered. He will spend however much time you need with you. If you have one question or a hundred questions, he will answer every single one. He has a great bedside manner and is very warm and caring. He is definitely worth the wait. You cannot find physicians like him.

A true Gentleman and a Great Doctor show details A true Gentleman and a Great Doctor
Jan 3rd, 2012

Absolutley the best Doctor when it comes to caring for his patient. I will say that the wait in his office is well worth the visit. No Doctor has ever taken the time to truely discuss what happened, how it could be avoided and how they will like to help you with out just cutting into you. I can't say enough about this man, a true gentleman and unbelievable Doctor. I was referred to him by a friend and can't wait to repay the favor and send Dr. McPhilmey another refferal. Thank you Dr, McPhilemy!