A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Meilahn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Meilahn is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Meilahn, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Meilahn graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Meilahn has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Jeanes Hospital
- Temple University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Meilahn accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John E. Meilahn practice?
Dr. John Meilahn practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.