Dr. John Merendino Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Merendino Jr?

June 30th, 2016

warm, intelligent doctor

I have been bringing my elderly mother to Dr. Merendino for a number of years for diabetes management. We both love his warmth and humor, but of course most importantly, we have complete confidence in his expertise. He pays close attention to her lab results and adjusts medications as needed. He helps us understand some of my mother's nutrition / eating issues and helps us find a healthy middle ground between her increasing fussiness and my focus on healthy eating. He is respectful of our (sometimes differing) perspectives and takes plenty of time to hear and alleviate any concerns and answer questions. It has been very easy to make appointments on fairly short notice. We are seen promptly at appointment times. It is easy to get blood drawn at the office during two designated early morning hours each week, preceding the visit with the doctor. From start to finish, we have had a very positive experience.

July 21st, 2015

There is no doctor finer! A++++ in every way.

November 15th, 2013

Save your time and your money

My first visit went well. Dr. Merendino spent an hour getting my history and making a medication change. Things went down hill from there. He refused to return phone calls from one of my other doctors, and I was left waiting almost hour before seeing him on my last visit. I've gone back to a doctor that takes insurance. Don't waste your money!

August 15th, 2013

terrible doctor

I do not recommend this doctor! First of all, he's a little odd. I was able to look past it, as he was highly recommended, but he's weird in almost a creepy way. However, that is not my problem or complaint. When I called concerned that the pharmacy gave generic synthroid (I have been on synthroid for years) the receptionist refused to let me talk to him. He told me himself at a previous appointment that generic synthroid does not work as well as the brand. (many endocrinologist have told me this) I asked the receptionist, since she wouldn't let me talk to him, if I could please have a prescription stating brand only. She said, "No, it's the same thing. I told her that Dr. Merendino told me to take the brand medication and that I would like a prescription that reflects his opinion. She flat out refused and like a broken record kept telling me there is no difference. Really? Why does she care if I take the brand or generic?! To put the icing on the cake, I was unable to go to my appointment due to an injury in which I could not drive. I called several times to "check in" since my recovery was taking so long. I would tell them that I am still unable to drive but will be making an appointment as soon as my orthopedist clears me to drive. When it came time to refill my synthroid they refused on account that I needed to come in for an appointment. I called to inform them (again) that I could not drive. They still refused. They just let me go without my synthroid! How irresponsible! I can't believe a doctor would leave a patient without their medication. Especially medication as important as synthroid!

January 26th, 2012

worst doctoor ever

Dr. Merendino told me that I absolutely did not have a disease and that I probably had a brain tumor, but he would have to run tests to know more. He then never called me with tests results or called me back to discuss anything. After going to a different doctor I was ultimately diagnosed with the disease he told me definitely did not have.

January 21st, 2011

Not an easy person to get in touch with.You may get advice from the nurse that you think is from the doctor. This can lead to confusion and unfortunate side effects.

October 8th, 2010

good luck hearing from him after your initial visit

while test results are important to you and you may be in a rush to get an asnwer, dr merendino doesn't really care. And good luck getting him to return your phone call.

December 19th, 2009

I was 45 minutes early for the appointment.

October 12th, 2017