A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Merkel, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Merkel graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.More Education & Awards
Dr. Merkel has 1 hospital affiliations:
- St Anthonys Memorial Hospital-Effingham
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merkel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Merkel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John U. Merkel practice?
Dr. John Merkel practices Family Medicine near Teutopolis, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Effingham, IL.
See Teutopolis Family Physicians.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Merkel, Dr. Deshawn Merkel, Dr. Jan Merkel, Dr. Hank Merkel, Dr. Shayne Merkel, Dr. Shane Merkel, Dr. Jackie Merkel, Dr. Giovanni Merkel