A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Merlino:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Merlino is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merlino
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Merlino Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Merlino graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Merlino has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Community Medical Center
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- St Barnabas Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Merlino DO is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Merlino practice?
- Dr. John Merlino has 1 office location.
Dr. John Merlino practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Toms River, NJ.
See Toms River Internists and Toms River Cardiologists.