A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Merriam is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merriam
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Merriam Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Radiation Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Merriam has 9 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John C Merriam MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John C. Merriam practice?
- Dr. John Merriam has 1 office location.
Dr. John Merriam practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.