A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Merriam is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merriam
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Merriam Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Radiation Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Merriam has 9 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John C Merriam MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John C. Merriam practice?
- Dr. John Merriam has 1 office location.
Dr. John Merriam practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.