A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Merriam is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Radiation Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Merriam has 9 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merriam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John C. Merriam practice?
Dr. John Merriam practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.