Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Metcalfe
Dr. John Metcalfe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Metcalfe is affiliated with San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, Saint Francis Memorial Hospital and St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco. He speaks English.
Dr. John Metcalfe has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
Dr. John Metcalfe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Loyce Kawamura
San Francisco, CA 0.01 mi28
Dr. Thomas Bersot
San Francisco, CA 0.01 mi41
Dr. Gabriel Chamie
Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
San Francisco, CA 0.01 mi10