Dr. John Mikuzis DO Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

July 8th, 2016
I have never had a doctor who paid more attention to detail and cared as much as Dr. Mikuzis. He remembers every aspect of my medical history and genuinely cares about me as a person and a patient.

September 11th, 2013
Long Term Patient of Dr. Mikuzis w/complicated medical history
My first appointment to see Dr. Mikuzis over a decade ago post seeking help through physical therapy from three other rehab centers some of which were not "chain" PT clinics but prestigious physical rehabilitation centers in Chicago-land. The doctor spent at least a half hour going over my medical records I had brought to him as if I wasn't there and he was studying for his board exam in a library the next day. Once he was done he spent the next 3 hours examining me and my maladies asking background questions in more depth than any other physician I had ever gone to has. Once through the long but informative and engaging discourse regarding what he felt could be done and how I felt about the treatment regimen to come, I was truly amazed a doctor would spend that much time from 30K feet to 10 feet of abstraction regarding my condition in an initial consult. To make this less painful to read and to the point; what three prior institutions/clinics could not do for me seven months later Dr. Mikuzis had done it for me. He gave me my life back. He allowed me to move again through his own treatment approach and I've been seeing him since for what has turned out to be a myriad of serious and complex medical issues. He cares about his patients and doesn't run an assembly line. When you go to see Dr. Mikuzis you are in the hands of a humanitarian who is devoted to easing the suffering of his patients; with a true interest in your successful recovery along with leaving you feeling as if you are a part of the recovery decision making process as well. If you are looking for a doctor who after your long line of other doctors who make you feel inferior, I recommend you give the doc a shot at impressing you as much as he has impressed me. He will explain things to you at a level and in using verbiage you can understand which brings out the spontaneous willingness to push it harder and go another round. I was near giving up; after years of follow up now having a somewhat inferior body suseptical to very unusual physical problems that rise to the one in one thousand people "get this". He has taught me giving up is up to you, he won't give up. I believe myself to be a person who possesses a modicum of intellect and I am asserting if you have physical problems that no one else has been able to help you with; I recommend seeing Dr. John Mikuzis. Thank You-

March 31st, 2017