John Minutillo MD Patient Reviews

2.9

August 14th, 2013
I have never written a review about a doctor before, but I had to write one on this doctor. I concur with the two other negative reviews and feel as I could have written them myself. My concerns were consistently dismissed and because of that I put myself in serious danger when I ignored my own concerns and trusted him. What a mistake. He actually discharged me from the Emergency Room when he insisted that I was mistaken and overreacting to the chest pain I was feeling. This decision almost cost me my life. The worst part was when I told him that I was dissatisfied with his care and was "firing him" he could have cared less. He never even asked why I was making this decision. I encourage anyone to find another, more professional doctor.

November 21st, 2012
Terrific!
Very simply, Dr. Minutillo helped to save my life when I had congestive heart failure. I have been going to him for years since my recovery and he has been top notch.

July 20th, 2012
not a good PCP
I chose Dr Minutillo based on the ZocDoc ratings- most of them were good ratings but there was one rating on Zocdoc that was not good because he was very dismissive of the patient. That was EXACTLY my experience. Maybe he is a better Cardiologist but as a Primary Care Doc - he is terrible. He was very dismissive of my complaints and could not care less - he does not seem to listen or even care to listen. I left his practice after only a few visits and I won't go back. On 1 visit he kept me waiting nearly 45 minutes while he was wandering his office on his cell phone. His phone went off while he was with me! Go somewhere else.

July 12th, 2012
skip this guy!
There are a lot of great doctors in NY -this guy is NOT one of them. I was his patient for more than a year & complained on multiple occasions of a particular symptom -complaints that he dismissed. I got fed up, fired him & went elsewhere. Turns out that I have a severe form of a medical condition requiring multiple surgeries and other procedures to fix. I requested my medical records from him but he refused to send them to my new doctors. I had to hire a lawyer to force him to send my medical records so that my care could continue. Skip this guy and move on to a doctor who cares!