A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Monk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Monk is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Monk, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Monk graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Monk has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital York
- Gettysburg Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Monk accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Monk practice?
Dr. John Monk practices Surgery near York, PA.
See York Surgeons.