Dr. John Moseri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

October 22nd, 2016
Go somewhere else
Beware of what you sign. This place ordered an RX without my knowledge and i never got it. They will force you to come 3-4 times a week. I wish i never went. He accused me of things i never did, and never helped my PTSD. Insulted me instead.

September 21st, 2016
Worst Appt. Ever
This doctor had no listening skills. No bedside manner. Do not go see him. Find yourself another doctor.

August 28th, 2016
All 1 stars are Correct
Everything negative said in the reviews are correct. Dr. Moseri is very disrespectful and arrogant. And for no reason. He's combative too. I said the wrong thing at work and was told by a supervisor I need to see a psychiatrist. I disagreed but had no choice if I wanted to return back to work. So i told Dr. Moseri what I said. He diagnosed me with Bipolar. This is a genetic illness, doesn't run on either side of my family. He prescribed me medication which I never took. I am not bipolar. Dr. Moseri definitely does not know what he is doing. I got my clearance letter from him, returned to work, and never went back to Dr. Moseri. He has some serious issues. I think he is bipolar. The staff at that time was friendly. Never had an issues with them. I just recently found out they all quick. Hmm I wonder why??????

August 22nd, 2016
MISDIAGNOSE
AFter reading reviews about Dr.Moseri, I realized that he is full of it. He diagnosed me with bipolar AND prescribed me Lithium too. He didnt even talk to me long enough to make that diagnosis. I had to pay this man $350 for all of this foolishness. He didn't listen to me and he was RUDE. I'm a healthcare professional as well, and I know that this is not the way a patient should be treated. After prescribing me Lithium , he didn't even schedule me to come in and have my liver enzymes checked, because if you take LITHIUM, YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR LIVER ENZYMES CHECKED! My blood sugar went up to 250, so I had to stop this medicine. Now I'm all messed up. The staff is rude and the wait time is horrible. This man needs to be checked out.

June 5th, 2016
Positive
I was a patient for about a year before I moved to Wisconsin. He and his daughter helped me through a tough period in my life. Dr Moseri means well, I guess it's how you look at things. They really did help me. I wish I could see them again

May 13th, 2016
When i saw him he was rude..he wasnt a doctor of mine though. As someone that is supposed to be a doctor and someone that is supposed provide help ...he didnt even know my name. My counselors and nurses got me ok though. Thank God for the people that wanted to see a change in me. For those who did...im grateful.

March 3rd, 2016
DR. MOSERI IS DANGEROUS
I went for ADHD medication, being an addict with long term recovery I wanted to see an addictionologist to make sure I was taking the safest and most effective course. AFTER 8 MINUTES OF TALKING TO ME HE ATTEMPTED TO DIAGNOSE ME WITH BIPOLAR DISORDER AND PRESCRIBE ME LITHIUM. I am an addictions counselor myself, and work with many people who have bipolar disorder, I have a n excellent working knowledge of the DSM, and I feel that I can say with great clarity that I have none of the symptoms of bipolar disorder, and even if I were to, this doctor had established absolutely no where near the proper threshold of information in order to give any sort of effective diagnosis of a very serious mental illness. Lithium is an incredibly strong medication, and I feel very strongly that THIS DOCTOR IS A DANGER TO HIS PATIENTS, and had I not had the knowledge and experience that I do, and the ability to advocate for myself, I'd be slapped with an entirely wrong diagnosis and taking incredibly dangerous and unnecessary medication. Also, they said that they too Humana, which I had at the time, and once I got there suddenly they didn't, so I paid $280 out-of-pocket for this complete and utter waste of time. The staff at the front was very friendly and helpful, though, so kudos to them, and as a result I'd feel wrong warning people against Newport in general as I've only had experience with Dr. Moseri.

February 16th, 2015
This place needs to be shut down!
I can't wait for this place to be shut down by APS! Don't worry its going happen! and very soon! Unprofessional staff, and Dr. Moseri is disrespectful and arrogant. He speaks to people as if they are nothing. I pray for his family, because THEY WILL reap what they sow... be careful. do your research and if you want someone thats going listen to you for your best interest, He is not the one! Please Please read the reviews!

August 26th, 2014
The worst!!!!!!
ARROGANT, RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL TO BOTH PATIENTS AND EMPLOYEES. HIS DAUGHTER WORKS THERE AS WELL AND SHES NOT BETTER! TREATS PATIENTS THAT ARE CAUCASIAN, EDUCATED, AND HAVE PRIVATE INSURANCES BETTER. AND THOSE THAT HAVE MEDICAID AND LOW INCOME HE TREATS LIKE CRAP. HES NOT A GOOD PERSON, YELLS AND COMES OFF VERY INTIMIDATING. IF YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH ON HOW THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH FIELD IS OPERATED, YOU WILL BE MANIPULATED. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! I BROUGHT MY CHILD THERE, ASKED HIM A QUESTION AND HE WENT INSANE, BECAUSE HE'S "THE DOCTOR". HE'S NIGERIAN, THEY TEND TO BE VERY AGGRESSIVE PEOPLE, AND THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS. ITS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A VERY NICE FACILITY. ALSO LOCATED IN THE HOOD! NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT. THE WAIT TIME IS RIDICULOUS. THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS VERY APOLOGETIC, BUT OF COURSE IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT.

June 2nd, 2014
Should Not Practice Psychiatry
Like others have said before me, please read review before you visit this sorry excuse for a man and even worse excuse for a doctor. I visited once 2 years ago and had a terrible experience. I waited over an hour to visit him and when I finally got to his office he was very dismissive, condescending, rude, and had no interest in anything I had to say. He barely payed any attention to me the entire time and told me that I was making up my problems. Towards the end of the session he asked me if he was making me angry angry and I said I was a little frustrated and he proceeded to laugh at me. I left and vowed to never come back. I went again today because I needed to see a psychiatrist and couldn't find anyone with available times who accepted my insurance except him. I decided to give him a second chance and I have never regretted a decision so much. I got to the office a half hour early for my appointment and was never seen until 3 hours later. When I finally got to his office he never even looked at me or said hello but proceeded to read my chart and while he read he started saying "blah blah blah blah" as if nothing in my chart was important and I was not a human being with issues seeking help. He asked me why I "dumped" him in 2012 and I told him because I decided to see my family doctor instead to which he "scoffed" and then tossed my chart aside. He then asked me what he could do for me and as I proceeded to tell him about my issues he seemingly just stopped listening and went on his computer. Then halfway while I was talking he told me that he didn't care about what I was saying, did not want to help me, and did not want to see him. I'm a very nice and polite person seeking help from a medical professional and didn't understand why he was treating me in such an unprofessional, cold manner. He continued to say that he didn't want to see me any more and would not help me and told me to leave and go back to my family doctor. I again tried to explain to him that I really needed help and his response to that was to close my case and call the front desk and tell them he was ready for his next appointment. I really needed help and was so confused and I kept asking what did I do to have him treat me like this to which he stood up and yelled at me that he did not want to help me and then proceeded to open the door and picked up my bag and threw it out of the office. Near tears I again pleaded to understand what did I do wrong and why wouldn't he help me to which he responded again with a call to security to escort me out of the office in sheer humiliation and embarrassment. I'm a full time student with a full time job. I'm professional, polite and kind. I was seeking services for ADHD medication management and psychotherapy. I have never felt so degraded and low in my entire life. He is a little man with an incredibly high temper who hears nothing else in the world but the sound of his own voice. I urge anybody seeking help to find someone else and not have to endure what I went through today.

February 23rd, 2012
Be prepared to have to repeat and rephrase everything you say several times. He is arrogant and borderlines on combative in his line of questioning. When it becomes apparent to him that he has frustrated you by his eye-rolling and bullying attitudes, he becomes amused and will back down---for a bit. He's clever in his ability to reduce you to an insignificant worm so if you must see him be forewarned. It was an altogether unpleasant experience. The office staff isn't much better. I waited well over an hour to have my worst experience in a medical/professional office.

May 13th, 2011
STAY AWAY!!!!
Dr. Moseri's front office staff lacks professionalism. Patients wait long to be seen for their appointments. He is unprofessional as well, by prescribing medications without proper diagnosis, and blatent refusal to personally address patients when problems may arise. He violates patients rights, and people with substance abuse problems and mental health issues are easy prey to be mistreated. If you or your loved one needs addiction therapy....STAY AWAY FROM NEWPORT INTEGRATED BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE!!!