Internist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Worst doctor ever show details Worst doctor ever
Mar 21st, 2016

Horrible money hungry robber. He only cares about how much he can squeeze out of you.

He's been great for me show details He's been great for me
Mar 20th, 2015

Dr Mubang has been my Dr for pain He is excellent. Highly recommend him

pt. of both show details pt. of both
by Ayla R. on Dec 10th, 2014

I too was a pt. of Dr. Vandercar & Dr. Mubang. I noticed the majority of reviews were written right after the switch. I think a lot of the complaints were based on cultural differences. For me, at first, I too thought Dr. Mubang was rude and then when I put everything into perspective I understood that things were not what I originally thought. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Mubang. Right from the beginning he began lowering my meds significantly, I went from 70 milligrams methadone to 20 milligrams over 4 months time. It had been years since I felt as good as I did. Dr. Mubang explained that only a small amount is needed to reduce my neurological pain and he was right. It is just as effective and I do not feel so sleepy all the time. In four years with Dr. Vandercar he never requested any type of test. I've been with Dr. Mubang for 1 & a half. Years and he requested blood work 2 times to check my liver functions(he is an internist,thus aware side effects) and EKG 2 times(methadone can effect the heart), and updated MRI of my cervical , thoracic, and lumbar spine and MRI of bilateral knees. Not one single test with Dr. Vandercar ??? I do not think there is any comparison. I do think many people were upset because it was not a cake walk to get large amounts of drugs anymore. So, putting things in perspective I could not be happier nor feel safer with Dr. Mubang. Also, my last 2 years with Dr. Vandercar, I got the distinct impression that he did not want to hear one word about my symptoms nor answer one question, in & out is all he wanted. Dr.Mubang gives me all the time I need. I too disagree about Missy. I think she is very nice once she feels comfortable with you. I think she is VERY shy and it takes her time. Plus, all my appointments are at 8 am and I get there at 7:30, no longer do I have to sit out in the hall on the ground, as I did when Vandercar was there, sometimes sitting out there till 8:30. Missy is there bright and early and let's me come in with her.

dissatifaction show details dissatifaction
by marcy on Sep 9th, 2014

Al you people who are complaining about Dr Mubang are wrong. Do you know why Dr. Vandercar sold his practice because his medical lic. was taken away from him because he was over prerscribing so please, get your stories straight!!! Dr. Muband IS THE BEST!!!! His office girl Missy is so rude and will not help you in anyway. She will tell you she gave Dr. your message but she never does. I have been sick for 35years I have NEVER,NEVER dealt with an office person like this, it is shameful considering Dr. Mubang is THE BEST. He will not over prescribe like others so, if that is why you dont' like him maybe you have some addiction issues!!!!Pain med's arenot made to make you high and take all your pain away. It is to ease it enough so that it is in the background but bearable. Dr. V also had patients die on his watch so, do your research before you make comments!!!! THe last time I saw Dr. V he wasn't talking correctly, like something wasn't right.

Dr.Mubang is a horrible excuse for a physician!! show details Dr.Mubang is a horrible excuse for a physician!!
by disgusted longtime pain pt on Aug 29th, 2013

I also was a patient of Dr. Vandercar from Tampa Pain Clinic for over 3 years. Dr. Vandercar was such a caring, realistic pain management physician. He did everything by the book despite some negative reviews I've read. He gave random urine screens, required extensive records, monitored our weight and even cut down medications if he wasn't happy with the weight of patients. His staff is beyond nice and I never once regretted being his patient until he sold his practice to this moron. I too was very upset that Dr.Vandercar would sell his practice to a physician who was by no means the caliber of a doctor that Dr.Vandercar is. I saw Dr.Mubang one time only and my first visit with him he immediately began decreasing my medications that I have been on and successful with for about 7 years and prescribed me medications I didn't need to make himself look good to the state because of his prior charges that were dismissed. He was running a pill mill a few years ago and got caught prescribing to two undercover detectives and now Dr.Vandercar's patients are suffering for it. I really don't understand how this Dr is still practicing??!! My pharmacy I have been going to for 3 years will not fill his scripts. I was told there would be a list of pharmacies that will fill his scripts, however, I learned from another review from a current patient that these pharmacies have Dr.Mubang "flagged" and will not fill his scripts. So I'm suppose to pay $150 (Dr.Vandercar charged $120), have meds prescribed that I don't need and than have trouble filling the ones I do. Dr. Mubang also noted on my necessary meds "Must fill all 4 meds" just to make sure it was on record that he prescribed more than narcotics. Since I do not have insurance and the $150 is hard enough to come up with I than had to spend more money out of pocket for meds that are just sitting in my medicine cabinet. Besides all that he was rude and nasty to me right in the middle of the hallway with patients and staff free to hear our conversation??!! I simply told him that my primary was prescribing one of the meds he wrote that I needed and said if I fill that script with his name it was too expensive (I only have county insurance and pay $1 for Rx's prescribed by my primary....and the county does not have a participating pain mgmt. dr) he pretty much told me (in the middle of the hall) that he did not spend his time going to medical school to fight with people like me. Needless to say I left the office in tears feeling embarrassed and worried about what I was going to do the following month. I have since found a new pain mgmt. physician and only hope he is as half as understanding as Dr. Vandercar, ANYBODY would be better than Dr. Mubang!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY DOING TO THIS DOCTOR!!!! The only reason I gave him a 1 star rating was because it wouldn't allow me to give NONE!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
new show details new
Jun 13th, 2012

went in today took all medical files, still had to fillm out needless paperwork insructed by a lady who was not very nice,but I did it all did not see dr because I went to to dr arce and got 60 pills which is the problem, not enough meds for chronic pain,so go back on july2 at 11am,,,,I know dr mubang have seen him before, hes ok,,, seems to care,,, its this state which let these kids go wild and a few died after drinking a bottle of jack danials and a fist full oxycodone and xanex,,,I mean it wasn't the doctors fault,,, although they should not have got the meds to start with.but when you have the means and are stupid,,, anybody could ddo the same with a gun.right?? dr Mubang at least is willing to help with pain most of these so called doctors want 100 and tell you to take an aspirin and call in 2 days.he's willing to give the meds,, its up to you to use them correctly.

An excellent Dr show details An excellent Dr
Mar 27th, 2011

As a first time patient my wait was EXTREMELY LONG but Dr Mubang is a caring, compassionate man and in my opinion was worth the wait.I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent Dr. I had told him about my mother who had recently passed & he took my hands & led me in a prayer for her. Well that just meant the world to me & I will be a patient for life!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Mubang is an excellent doctor i didnt even know about all the trouble he has been in until this week but i still will see him. I do admit alot of people do go there for the wrong reasons but i have tried several other pain management doctors and he has been the most professional out of them all. If you dont like him then dont go there.

patent show details patent
by CAROL CAIN on Oct 7th, 2010

I'm Dr. MuBang patent, i have a many problems like a crushed spine and other problems with my spine because of of my MS I had for over 11 years.. Dr.MuBang has helped so much.. he is a wonderful doctor.. HE IS A VERY BUSY DOCTOR JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOCTORS YOU GO TO...YOU SIT AND WAIT TILL YOUR TURN....

He's wearing an ankle bracelet pending a frickin' felony charge relating to his freedom with writing ridiculous amounts of prescriptions to individuals that don't even have a problem. PILL MILL 101! show details He's wearing an ankle bracelet pending a frickin' felony charge relating to his freedom with writing ridiculous amounts of prescriptions to individuals that don't even have a problem. PILL MILL 101!
by know from actual facts! on Sep 8th, 2010

Unbelievable, that his 'Dr.', I can't even believe he still has that title, it's embarrassing. This individual is a drug dealer in a lab coat. All of the individuals going to see him know what they are capable of getting out of him.....loads and loads of prescriptions, oxy, xanax, hydrocodone, soma, dilaudid, etc., it's criminal!!!!! Get his trial going and get this man behind bars where he and 100's of others in our Tampa area belong, right along with him, who are running these pill mills and making a fortune, while feeding unwarranted drugs to individuals who have no business getting them in their hands. Looking forward to the new laws in the works to help shut these individuals down!!!

Finally a doctor that truly cares! show details Finally a doctor that truly cares!
by Jessica on Oct 29th, 2009

Doctor Mubang actually took the time to read through all my records.He also took into account the fact that I am a 24/7 caregiver.He was empathetic and at the same time professional.I went in leery and came out knowing there are actually doctors that care.I wish there were more doctor's like Dr Mubang.Thank you Doctor!

Never even got to see him show details Never even got to see him
Oct 14th, 2009

Went to my Doctor for my blood pressure check and to get a refill for my scrips. Was seen by the nurse paid my deductible then recieved a bill from my insurance company from Dr. Mubangs office. I never even met this man. My normal Dr was apparently gone and I was chaged from Dr Mubang. The billing department was very RUDE will never go back to that office again.