Internists
John Muban, DO Internal Medicine
741 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Seffner, FL 33584
813-681-5263
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  dissatifaction  |  show details
by marcy on Sep 9th, 2014

Al you people who are complaining about Dr Mubang are wrong. Do you know why Dr. Vandercar sold his practice because his medical lic. was taken away from him because he was over prerscribing so please, get your stories straight!!! Dr. Muband IS THE BEST!!!! His office girl Missy is so rude and will not help you in anyway. She will tell you she gave Dr. your message but she never does. I have been sick for 35years I have NEVER,NEVER dealt with an office person like this, it is shameful considering Dr. Mubang is THE BEST. He will not over prescribe like others so, if that is why you dont' like him maybe you have some addiction issues!!!!Pain med's arenot made to make you high and take all your pain away. It is to ease it enough so that it is in the background but bearable. Dr. V also had patients die on his watch so, do your research before you make comments!!!! THe last time I saw Dr. V he wasn't talking correctly, like something wasn't right.

|  patient of dr. vandercar  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Vandercar's for 5 1/2 yrs. He was very professional and very stringent in following the state guidelines for prescribing meds. His nurse did all of the reviewing of the symtom forms and talked to you about your pain for the month. She would also discuss with doc before he came in. When Dr. Mubang took over I went thru the same things exactly that the previous patients have had. I immediately found out Fletcher Medical pharmacy wouldn't fill his scripts! Also they gave me a list of pharmacies (24) that was willing to fill for uim. I thought this was odd, but didn't know why until I went home and researched him! THEN I beganto get scared! One pharmacy had the meds but they said unless they could fill all 4 of my scripts they wouldn't fill any of them! I never felt comfortable with the office staff or the doctor! When I found a new doctor it took over a month before they would fax copies of my records! From what the office staff said since they had a new doc there was a lot of people leaving! As long as you didn't ask Mubang a question, and you were docile and let him prescribe what he wanted and didn't challenge him you were o.k. but don't question him or his whole demeanor changes! Also he raised his price from $120 to $150 cash and he also $30 for random drug tests and he wrote a scri9t for an MRI that my insurance wouldn't pay for! I feel sorry for legitimate pain patients because he won't be in this location long! People are leaving in droves and you just don't get a good feeling in that office! You're half expecting cops to bust in the door! o

|  wowwwwwww, shocking!  |  show details
by bob on Nov 9th, 2013

This is terribly shocking that Dr. Vandercar would sell his practice to this monster. I feel very sorry for all of his patients. Dr. Mubang will not have a practice for long, considering the posts I have read today.....sounds like all his patients are leaving him. I highly doubt Dr. Vandercar made this decision. Just my opinion, but it was most likely his in house attorney and risk manager, Ashley. Good luck to everyone from the bottom of my heart.

|  Totally agree with last three reviews  |  show details
by Mary on Nov 6th, 2013

The review under this one is absolutely true! My visit in October, my last visit, this "dr" was so unbelievably rude, condescending, and just down right mean. I was in total shock and trying to understand where all his hostility was coming from. He doesn't care about his patients or their specific conditions. It appears to me that he wants to treat each patient the exact same, because I don't think he even believes in pain mgmt, he sees it as an easy way to take advantage of vulnerable, desperate people who thanks to the state of Florida , have so few options when it comes to finding a decent dr., he just wants to fly under radar and make as much money as he can before he gets arrested again. I walked out of there vowing I would not go back, and PAY a dr who is supposed to help me, treat me so horribly. It really was that bad. I did find another dr. And new dr takes insurance unlike this idiot excuse for a dr. Do not go to this dr unless you want to pay to be treated like an idiot

|  This Doctor has some serious issues, he will take your money and then abuse you. Run for the hills!!!!!!!  |  show details
by TPC PT on Nov 4th, 2013

I’m currently a PT of TPC formerly owned and operated by Dr. David Vandercar. Due to medical reasons, Doc sold the practice to one Dr. Mubang. What a nightmare this Dr. is. Dr. Mubang officially took over the practice in August 1st. The staff that he brought in isn't much better, I find them to be very rude and uncaring. Back to Dr. Mubang, our 1st few visits went well; I cannot say the same about my September or October visit. It was like I meeting a totally different person. He was nothing but RUDE, INSULTING, DEGRADING, OBNOXIOUS, CONDECSENDING, THREATENING, the list goes on and on. This man would ask me a question and then mumble to himself “ I don’t need PT’s like you, do you want to be discharged, no, then sit there and shut up. You need to speak when spoken to, I have a way that I do things here, now just sit there and wait“ This is what he would say to me when I would respond to his questions. Not for nothing, if I didn’t respond to his questions that would be considered to be rude on my part. I don’t know what to do, I’m at a loss for words and I’m never at a loss for words. Maybe his mother didn’t bring him up to respects others, I don‘t know, but I refused to be treated in that manner. I don’t know what changed from my last visit, but whatever it is, it doesn’t give him the right to treat me the way that he did. He spoke to me as if I were a child, as if I had no clue what my condition was and what it does to my body. Because of the way I was being treated that day I began to cry and all this man could say to me was, “DO YOU NEED A PYSHC CONSULT?”, over and over. REALLY!!!!! OMG, Rather than ask me what was wrong or just maybe realize that he had been treating me like human waste for the past thirty minutes, all he could come up with was “DO YOU NEED A PYSHC CONSULT?” When I tried to tell him the reason for my emotional outburst of tears, again he began to mumble, “Why, why me, I don’t need PT’s like this” he had absolutely no interest as to why I began to crying. I couldn’t believe that I had paid this man to make me cry. TREATMENT PLAN: Rather than stay with the same treatment plan (that worked) that Dr. V had been treating me with for the past three years, he told me how I wasn’t going to get the same meds and that wants to do is change my treatment plan. When I tried to ask him why, all he did was ridicule Dr.V and said that everything he was doing was wrong and because of him that he had to change everyone’s plans. Not for nothing, it took a year for Doc and I to finally get the correct combination of meds and dosages and now this Dr. Mubang wants to change it. I don’t understand, why change something that works. Four years ago I had to stop working because I was in so much pain--Dr. Vandercar helped me to changed that, my pain was manageable. I was able to go back to work and have a normal life. Well thanks to Dr. Mubang everything has changed, I’m constantly in excruciating pain and on top that, I wake up every night btw 3-4 am in withdrawals. Because of the change in my treatment plan, I had to take a leave from my job, my life, my families lives are no longer normal anymore. This Dr. Mubang is unbelievable, all he cares about is the All Mighty Dollar!!!! He doesn’t give a crap about his Pt’s, because if he did, he wouldn’t be doing this to all of us. A big thank you, I truly hope the DEA shuts the doors on you. You Don’t deserve to have the title of Doctor, A doctor is someone who actually cares about their PT’s well being. You, you only care about yourself and how much you’re making. I can’t say it’s been nice knowing you, because then I’d be lying, what I can say is thank you for MESSING MY LIFE UP!!!! It was finally normal until I met you. Doctor Mubang, some advice for me to you, do on to others as you wish to be done to you. God be with you.

|  Dr.Mubang is a horrible excuse for a physician!!  |  show details
by disgusted longtime pain pt on Aug 29th, 2013

I also was a patient of Dr. Vandercar from Tampa Pain Clinic for over 3 years. Dr. Vandercar was such a caring, realistic pain management physician. He did everything by the book despite some negative reviews I've read. He gave random urine screens, required extensive records, monitored our weight and even cut down medications if he wasn't happy with the weight of patients. His staff is beyond nice and I never once regretted being his patient until he sold his practice to this moron. I too was very upset that Dr.Vandercar would sell his practice to a physician who was by no means the caliber of a doctor that Dr.Vandercar is. I saw Dr.Mubang one time only and my first visit with him he immediately began decreasing my medications that I have been on and successful with for about 7 years and prescribed me medications I didn't need to make himself look good to the state because of his prior charges that were dismissed. He was running a pill mill a few years ago and got caught prescribing to two undercover detectives and now Dr.Vandercar's patients are suffering for it. I really don't understand how this Dr is still practicing??!! My pharmacy I have been going to for 3 years will not fill his scripts. I was told there would be a list of pharmacies that will fill his scripts, however, I learned from another review from a current patient that these pharmacies have Dr.Mubang "flagged" and will not fill his scripts. So I'm suppose to pay $150 (Dr.Vandercar charged $120), have meds prescribed that I don't need and than have trouble filling the ones I do. Dr. Mubang also noted on my necessary meds "Must fill all 4 meds" just to make sure it was on record that he prescribed more than narcotics. Since I do not have insurance and the $150 is hard enough to come up with I than had to spend more money out of pocket for meds that are just sitting in my medicine cabinet. Besides all that he was rude and nasty to me right in the middle of the hallway with patients and staff free to hear our conversation??!! I simply told him that my primary was prescribing one of the meds he wrote that I needed and said if I fill that script with his name it was too expensive (I only have county insurance and pay $1 for Rx's prescribed by my primary....and the county does not have a participating pain mgmt. dr) he pretty much told me (in the middle of the hall) that he did not spend his time going to medical school to fight with people like me. Needless to say I left the office in tears feeling embarrassed and worried about what I was going to do the following month. I have since found a new pain mgmt. physician and only hope he is as half as understanding as Dr. Vandercar, ANYBODY would be better than Dr. Mubang!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY DOING TO THIS DOCTOR!!!! The only reason I gave him a 1 star rating was because it wouldn't allow me to give NONE!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  All about the money  |  show details
by John on Aug 23rd, 2013

This man, Dr, if they say so, knows nothing about actual pain mgmt.I saw him for first time this last week. What a joke. I believe he got into the pain mgmt business believing easy money, from vulnerable patients...I could give a crap about the addicts or abusers, as they are the ones that chased all the good Dr.'s out of this field, so jerks like this guy could come in, charge any amount they want, no insurance. His only goal that I can tell is to treat each patient the exact same, he has to, because he doesn't know anything about many different pain conditions...he is interested in only treating his wallet...and will try and get away with just staying under radar, while he rakes in money. So sad that Vandercar had to sell his practice to an idiot. And I don't see how he can stay in business all that long since no pharmacy, a reputable one, will fill any of his prescriptions.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

Just like the following review, I too was a former patient of Dr. VanDercars before Dr. Mubang purchased this office in July 2013. I have been going to the Tampa Pain Clinic for over 5yrs and have never been treated as poorly as I was when I met Dr. Mubang for my 1st appt. Also, the rates had been raised from $120 to $150 without any notice to the patients. Due to Dr. Mubangs previous arrest record most of the pharmacies will not accept his prescriptions, I am in the process of switching Dr.'s and hopefully will never have to see Dr. Mubang again....not sure how he's still in business and shame on Dr. VanDercar for doing this to all of his long time loyal patients.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  WHAT A JOKE THIS GUY IS!!! TOTALLY WORTHLESS TO GO TO TAMPA PAIN CLINIC WHICH HE JUST BOUGHT  |  show details
by RED on Aug 16th, 2013

HE RECENTLY BOUGHT OUT DR. VANDERCAR'S BUSINESS - TAMPA PAIN CLINIC...MY FIRST VISIT WITH MUBANG I WAS ASSURED THAT I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING MY MEDS FILLED. I WAS TEMPTED TO GET MY RECORDS AND GO TO SOMEONE ELSE, SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED MY INSTINCTS. NOT ONE PHARMACY I HAVE BEEN TO WILL FILL ANY SCRIPTS FROM HIM...HE HAS BEEN FLAGGED BY WALGREEN'S, MEDICINE SHOPPE, AND MANY MORE. THE STAFF GIVES A LIST OF PHARMACIES THAT HE "MET WITH" AND SAID THEY WOULD FILL FOR HIM...LIARS! THEY WONT..I WENT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE AND NONE ARE EITHER TAKING NEW PATIENTS OR WONT FILL BECAUSE OF HIM AND THE TROUBLE HE WAS IN. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. DR. VANDERCAR IS SADLY MISSED AS HE WAS A GREAT DOCTOR I ONLY WISH HE WOULD HAVE SOLD HIS PRACTICE TO A DOCTOR THAT DID NOT SELL TO AN UNDERCOVER COP! EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CONSIDERED A MISTRIAL AND HE WAS NOT CONVICTED HE HAS BEEN FLAGGED....IF YOU WANT TO LOSE $150.00 - GO THERE AND GET A BUNCH OF WORTHLESS PRESCRIPTIONS (WHICH HE CHANGED WITHOUT EVEN TALKING TO ME ABOUT) NO ONE WILL FILL THEM! TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED. HE SPENT LESS THAN 5 MINUTES WITH ME & I HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS TO ASK, ENDED UP IN THE HALL TRYING TO ASK HIM MY QUESTIONS, HE DID NOT CARE, HE WAS ON TO HIS NEXT $150 PATIENT. HIS ENGLISH IS VERY POOR FOR BEING IN THIS COUNTRY FOR SO LONG. WHAT A GREAT LOSS...WILL MISS DR. VANDERCAR DEARLY!!! MUBANG GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM! ALL OF YOUR PATIENTS ARE NOW LOOKING FOR OTHER DOCTORS...EVERYONE IN THE WAITING ROOM WAS UPSET! EVERYONE COMING OUT FROM SEEING HIM LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO PASS OUT, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE AFTER THEY WENT FROM PHARMACY TO PHARMACY! EVEN THO I PUT ONE STAR, THEY SHOULD OFFER NEGATIVE STARS BECAUSE HE WOULD BE GETTING A -4 FROM ME. THIS SITE WOULD NOT LET ME SUBMIT WITHOUT THAT.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  new  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

went in today took all medical files, still had to fillm out needless paperwork insructed by a lady who was not very nice,but I did it all did not see dr because I went to to dr arce and got 60 pills which is the problem, not enough meds for chronic pain,so go back on july2 at 11am,,,,I know dr mubang have seen him before, hes ok,,, seems to care,,, its this state which let these kids go wild and a few died after drinking a bottle of jack danials and a fist full oxycodone and xanex,,,I mean it wasn't the doctors fault,,, although they should not have got the meds to start with.but when you have the means and are stupid,,, anybody could ddo the same with a gun.right?? dr Mubang at least is willing to help with pain most of these so called doctors want 100 and tell you to take an aspirin and call in 2 days.he's willing to give the meds,, its up to you to use them correctly.

|  He is a very compassionate Doctor who truly cares!  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I seen him for the first time at a different clinic and he was awesome! He went through my records and spoke with me for a long time about what other treatments I got and what worked and did not. he is the best Doctor in PM I have seen and I have been dealing with chronic pain 20 years!!! Sandy G

|  An excellent Dr  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

As a first time patient my wait was EXTREMELY LONG but Dr Mubang is a caring, compassionate man and in my opinion was worth the wait.I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent Dr. I had told him about my mother who had recently passed & he took my hands & led me in a prayer for her. Well that just meant the world to me & I will be a patient for life!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Mubang is an excellent doctor i didnt even know about all the trouble he has been in until this week but i still will see him. I do admit alot of people do go there for the wrong reasons but i have tried several other pain management doctors and he has been the most professional out of them all. If you dont like him then dont go there.

|  See this "Dr." ONLY if you want pills NOT if you need medical care...  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr. Mubang will likely give you medication, whether it be Opioids, Benzodiazapines, Muscle relaxers, Sleeping pills, whatever you prefer. He'll likely be more cautious with new patients than he was previously, as he almost went to prison, but if you have some record of being in pain, you'll get some drugs. Going to this place is horrible, unless you're white trash, which is what the place is filled with every time I've gone there. I'm white too, I suppose maybe that makes me one of them, but the only thing I've seen with myself in common with those people, is being there for medication. At my last appointment, there was a car full of people outside his office snorting pills. Yes, they couldn't even wait until they pulled out of there. You'll be in the waiting room, filled with these disgusting people, who chat with each other, in their own unintelligible language. They reek of smoke and other stenches. You'' also be waiting a long time, because there are a lot of these people waiting for their fix. To make things even easier for their drug addicted patients, they have opened a pharmacy right next door.The office staff is pretty horrible too, but what can you expect at such a place.Now on to Dr. Mubang himself: If you're a junkie looking to get your next fix, he's for you! But, if you need any medical attention for anything wrong with you DO NOT SEE THIS DR.! I call him a Doctor in the lowest sense of the term possible. If you need medical care and you go to him for help, you will likely die.

|  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

this guy is a scumbag that should be deported.I have sat for at least 5 hours every time i went in,because i was using insurance,not paying cash.Also,i have witnessed people paying him a crisp 100 dollar bill and then tell him what they want,which 99% of the time was roxi's,xanax,dilottid...all by the hundreds each,just after listening to them brag about he does whatever they say before going back to the exam rooms.I begged him for a pain management referral for 2 years,and he refused until tha last time he got arrested in 2008.The day he finally did was the day he got out of jail and all his computer towers were still in the "evidence" bags and all his employees were off in the back shredding paperwork from the cash paying customers;which in my opinion is tampering with evidence.I honestly don't understand how he can still practice!

|  patent  |  show details
by CAROL CAIN on Oct 7th, 2010

I'm Dr. MuBang patent, i have a many problems like a crushed spine and other problems with my spine because of of my MS I had for over 11 years.. Dr.MuBang has helped so much.. he is a wonderful doctor.. HE IS A VERY BUSY DOCTOR JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOCTORS YOU GO TO...YOU SIT AND WAIT TILL YOUR TURN....

|  He's wearing an ankle bracelet pending a frickin' felony charge relating to his freedom with writing ridiculous amounts of prescriptions to individuals that don't even have a problem. PILL MILL 101!  |  show details
by know from actual facts! on Sep 8th, 2010

Unbelievable, that his 'Dr.', I can't even believe he still has that title, it's embarrassing. This individual is a drug dealer in a lab coat. All of the individuals going to see him know what they are capable of getting out of him.....loads and loads of prescriptions, oxy, xanax, hydrocodone, soma, dilaudid, etc., it's criminal!!!!! Get his trial going and get this man behind bars where he and 100's of others in our Tampa area belong, right along with him, who are running these pill mills and making a fortune, while feeding unwarranted drugs to individuals who have no business getting them in their hands. Looking forward to the new laws in the works to help shut these individuals down!!!

|  beware!! this is indeed a pill-mill  |  show details
by pharmacy on Jul 29th, 2010

fake prescriptions coming from his office. work at pharmacy, received 3!!BEWARE!!!everyone who loves him, does so because he gives them what he wants

|  educate yourself  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2010

doctors in general go to school for many years so they can help other people. dr mubang is a great doctor and all he was trying to do was help. somebody felt as if these 20 year olds killing themselves by overdosing by mixing alcohol and dangerous medications were in the right and dr mubang was wrong. i know for a fact the rx bottle had the correct directions on it and said do not take with alcohol. maybe these parents and law enforcement should be looking at the kids dying. the doctor did not hold a gun to their heads or begged them to even come into his office. they are in the wrong and unforuantly died from it.

|  Dr. arrested for being pill-mill  |  show details
by concerned citizen on Mar 24th, 2010

If you want a doctor who will right you any narcotic you want, this is your guy. Check out arrest reports and you'll see this guy is doing his part to destribute illegal medications.

|  Finally a doctor that truly cares!  |  show details
by Jessica on Oct 29th, 2009

Doctor Mubang actually took the time to read through all my records.He also took into account the fact that I am a 24/7 caregiver.He was empathetic and at the same time professional.I went in leery and came out knowing there are actually doctors that care.I wish there were more doctor's like Dr Mubang.Thank you Doctor!

|  Never even got to see him  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

Went to my Doctor for my blood pressure check and to get a refill for my scrips. Was seen by the nurse paid my deductible then recieved a bill from my insurance company from Dr. Mubangs office. I never even met this man. My normal Dr was apparently gone and I was chaged from Dr Mubang. The billing department was very RUDE will never go back to that office again.