Dr. John Muir MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

April 26th, 2016
Dr Muir is my pulmonologist who treats me for asthmatic COPD/bronchitis. He spends an incredible amount of time with his patients, follows up with PERSONAL phone calls and is a sleuth in diagnostics. He is a loving, caring old fashioned physician!

July 15th, 2015
I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me. He is so kind and concerned. He calls personally to deliver test results, asks thorough questions, researches doctor appointments and tests in the system, and listens to all my concerns.

June 8th, 2014
Very happy patient to very unhappy patient
There must have been a very good reason why Dr. Muir was not as you say polite to you. Dr. Muir is one of the most compassionate, caring physicians I have ever had the pleasure to treat me. He spent many hours with me when I was critically ill and spent a long time consoling my family and keeping everyone up to date re my progress. He literally saved my life. I hope if I ever need him again, that he will be there. He is a Pulmonary specialist and not a primary care physician. If I could rate him higher I would!!

February 26th, 2013
Very disappointed
I was hospitalized a year ago with pneumonia, I also have COPD, I was in pretty bad shape. My Doctor that has treated me for my COPD was no longer at that hospital.This doctor Muir was called in to treat me in the hospital, He came in my room one time and asked me questions of who was my Doctor treating me for COPD I told him his name he was no longer at this hospital he now is at the Jacksonville hospita,lSame affiliated hospital after all that he left the room. I was hospitalized for 10 to12 days and he never came back to my room. I was treated by other doctors there, release 12 days later and told to make a follow up appointment with this Dr. Muir to get released to go back to work.Mean while his receptionist had called my house with messages that my primary care Doctor did a referral for me to start see Dr.Muir as a new patient.Well mean while the appointment was made for the follow up. I went to Dr. Muir's office for my follow up. I swear I wish I did not go. I was still in bad shape with breathing and etc.I checked in and was told to have a seat he would be with me shortly, I waited I would say around 30 mins, he had no other patients before me. Dr.Muir came out of his office and looks at me and says follow me we then go to his office and he asks me why am I there mean while he has all the info on me. my face was in shock I told him for my follow up he said nothing then we go to the exclaiming room he looks in my throat and ears listened to my heart, then says follow me didn't listen to my lungs didn't ask me how I was doing or feeling then walks me to the front desk, then he tells me he can't take me as a patient he has to much going on there is no way he can treat and maintenance me that I needed go go back to the doctor that has treated me before that I just needed to drive to Jacksonville. Dr. Muir said I was looking to become his patient like others because we didn't want to drive to Jacksonville. I was shocked this doctor did not care to treat me and get me well.He is one of the most rudest,urgent Doctors I have even seen in all my years of having this disease. I have never had a doctor that turned a patient away. I was so scared and confused that I just cried and called my primary care Doctor my primary care doctor apologized to me for all that Dr. Muir said and did I told my Doctor that it was not his fault and he his not responsible for Doctor Muir's actions. In a long story I would never see or recommend this doctor to any one, Dr Muir needs to stop treating a patients like there a burden and made to feel worse then they do.I'm back seeing the Doctor that had be treating me in the past and he is a 100 times recommend and he is the doctor you would want treating you with any lung issues, Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs) He is defiantly worth the drive. Dr. Mark Crowe.

September 12th, 2010
Dr Muir is remarkably intelligent & caring physician
Dr Muir spent about an hour with me on my 1st visit - an hour remarkably well spent!! I came expecting the usual; but, he took the time to look over my other tests/records- which were over-looked by my neurologist and neuro-surgeon. Yet are very,very crucially important. He set me greatly at easesnout my health.

March 11th, 2010
Canadian Reistered Nurse..Jane L.
Knew Dr. Muir when he was a Resident at Sunnybrook Medical Center in Toronto. He was impressive as a young Physician and I am not surprised that he has excelled in his choosen field. He always connnected well with both staff and patients. Also, very smart to relocate to somewhere warm and beautiful.

October 20th, 2008
BEST DOCTOR IN NAPLES
EXCELLENT CARE. HE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND THE STANDARD OF CARE.

May 8th, 2017