Dr. John Parker MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 21st, 2015
Best experience I've had in 20 years dealing with this physician was great. I wish I lived in California and could use him when needed. Other doctors around the USA could learn how to treat patients with dignity and without a computer in the room. Like it used to be.

May 15th, 2015
Outstanding surgeon - outstanding results
When you are considering total hip replacement you want: the best version of surgery available, the best surgeon, and the best hospital. For me the only choice for the best version of the surgery was Anterior MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery). Dr. John Parker was my surgeon - he is a caring surgeon with many years experience with Anterior MIS, and my results indicate that he is the best. And El Camino Hospital in Mt. View, CA is amazing: pre-surgery orientation, operating room docs and staff, nursing staff, PT & OT, private rooms, etc. I had the surgery 8 weeks ago, and I'm doing exceptionally well - I was able to go to Tylenol on my second day home from the hospital, and was walking with a cane the same day. My pain is gone, my gait is so much better, I have gotten more range of motion back than I had thought I would get (able to put my left leg on my right knee, for example), and I feel so much stronger and able to do things I had stopped doing.

June 10th, 2013
Could not have been better
After going to a terrible orthopedist, being misdiagnosed for almost two years, my neighbor recommended Dr. Parker. Within two minutes he new the excruciating pain was from my hip (or lack thereof) not the scoliosis in my back. I was surprised as I was only 56...but felt 76. After a quick X-ray it was determined I needed to schedule total hip replacement surgery soon before there was even less bone left with which to attach the hardware. I had no family around at the time but I correctly had complete confidence in Dr. Parker. After about four or five days I felt like I was 40 again. To have that pain gone, and even a lot of scoliosis pain gone due to his customized surgery, I say he is the right choice for anyone.

January 20th, 2012
Dr. Parker : Amazing
I have never been more impressed with my experience with any dr. Dr Parker really raised the bar. He is efficient, available, caring, and understanding. This man has a great heart, and is a talented doctor. I would recommend anyone that needs and ortho to go see him.

July 15th, 2011
Best of the Best
Waiting 10 or more minutes is fine with me; in fact I appreciate it because I know Dr. Parker is taking the necessary time with the patients. Having a had a hip replacement done by Dr. Parker, I experienced excellent care by an excellent surgeon who happens to be an excellent person. His medical concerns extend to the whole person. Now I know how he gained the reputation he has as being the best of the best. I'm forever grateful to my neighbor for her recommendation (from her dad, a retired orthopedic surgeon in So. Cal.).

July 1st, 2011
My experience with Dr. Parker
I was really worried when I found I had to have hip replacement surgery. Dr. Parker seemed confidant and knowledgable thus reducing my concern. He explained the less intrusive approach he used which also made me feel better. Still it was not until the surgery was completed that I really appreciated how good his work was. I set something of a record for recovery going home from the hospital just 46 hours after he started the surgery. If you, or someone you know, needs hip replacement surgery I would highly recommend Dr. Parker.

February 7th, 2011
Dr Parker is wonderful
I had a total hip replacement in Dec 2010 and feel like a new person. Dr Parker and his staff were professional at all times and discussed all of my ...

August 25th, 2010
shows no interest in patient
if you are not an american, dont try him. not patient-friendly and behaves like a racist. doesnot remember patient history despite reading profile. s ...

May 11th, 2017