A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nelligan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Nelligan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nelligan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelligan graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago.
Dr. Nelligan has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- St John's Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelligan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 88 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 10 plans
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 8 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John P. Nelligan practice?
Dr. John Nelligan practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Redwood City, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Longview, WA and Sonora, CA.
See Redwood City Orthopedic Surgeons and Redwood City Sports Medicine Doctors.