Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Worst surgeon show details Worst surgeon
by M. Medley on Jan 21st, 2016

I had both my knees replaced by Dr. Nelligan at Sequoia Hospital. What a mistake. He broke my tibia when he was putting in the pieces. He told my daughter I was a drug addict and I don't need an X-ray. After 3 months of complaining the pain was excruciating my daughter took me to another doctor. Upon looking back at the first post-op X-ray the radiologist read it as possible medial tibia fracture. (Nelligan told my daughter that radiologists don't know what they are talking about) my daughter is a radiologic technologist. I had to have a revision and a year later the hardware in my other knee fell apart. Was not put in properly. He left the area and went to Washington. He is back now in Sonora! Beware. He will tell you what a great surgeon he is, but I can tell you after all this he is the Devil! Horrible surgeon.

Thanks Dr. Nelligan show details Thanks Dr. Nelligan
by Rich Smith on Nov 3rd, 2015

Dr. Nelligan reminds me of doctors before our current system took over. He spends time with you and cares about you and your outcome. He replaced my knee, and will be replacing my other one. Going to him was a great decision. I highly recommend him.

Don't go show details Don't go
by DT on Aug 22nd, 2013

He is a horrible doctor, ruined me for life and cost me my career. I thought he had left the area and that no one else would be subjected to his torture. Pick another surgeon, please.

All Docs should be this good! show details All Docs should be this good!
by Steve W. on Jan 30th, 2013

I made an appointment with this Doctor because I had heard he was a good orthopedic doc. Well, he is! he checked my knee, took x-rays, then explained them thoroughly to me. Then he suggested I have surgery if I wanted to be better off in the future, but gave me a choice to try to rehab the knee at home the best way possible. I elected for surgery. Revovery has been great so far and he saw me on a followup 4 days after surgery and said to call immediatley if I had any problems. What a pleasan experrience. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!!!

by Janelle on May 20th, 2010

Excellent surgeon, compassionate human being. He gave me back my life.