A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nicolau:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicolau graduated from Texas Tech University , Lubbock.
Dr. Nicolau has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
- CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nicolau accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 5 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John N. Nicolau practice?
Dr. John Nicolau practices Ophthalmology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Corpus Christi, TX and Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Ophthalmologists.