Dr. John Nikoleit MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Elmhurst, IL

September 24th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
I went in to see Dr. Nikoleit at Elmhurst Orthopedics after having pain and swelling in my left knee for several weeks. He was able to quickly and accurately diagnose that I had torn my meniscus. I had an MRI done immediately after my appointment to confirm the injury which I greatly appreciated. After getting the results of the MRI, Dr. Nikoleit confirmed that I had torn my meniscus and advised me to have surgery to remove a portion of the meniscus. He never pushed me to have surgery, but instead explained to me that my knee would likely not get any worse, however it would not get better either. I eventually opted for surgery which Dr. Nikoleit explained would be an out-patient minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgery. Having never had surgery before, I was somewhat nervous but the surgery was quick and painless. The whole process from walking into the hospital to being discharged took only 3 hours. I was able to walk immediately following the surgery and after only two days the swelling had gone down enough for me to walk normally. I returned to my labor intensive job after 2 weeks without problems and returned to sports after 8 weeks. I felt as though I could have returned quicker, but I followed Dr. Nikoleit's recommendations. I now have full range of motion in my knee and there is no pain or discomfort. I could not have asked for a better result. The only negative aspect of the whole experience is that at times Dr. Nikoleit did not seem to have the best bedside manner, but that should not discourage anyone from seeking a consultation with Dr. Nikoleit.

March 2nd, 2014
Retired
I cannot explain what a wonderful experience I had with Dr. Nikoleit and his entire staff! It has been a year since I had a TKR and I cannot tell. My pain from before the replacement is all gone. You can hardly tell I had an operation because I hardly have any scare! Dr. Nikoleit tells you exactly what to expect and what you need to do to help the process along. I was referred to him and I would refer to anyone who wants the job done right. Thanks to the whole staff ?

April 30th, 2013
Best Care Out There!
Dr Nikoleit is an excellent surgeon .He is compassionate (where most surgeons fall short) he listens and most importantly he "gets it". He just operated on my hand after being bitten by a lost dog I tried to help. He couldn't of shown more sympathy & empathy to the situation. The front desk has improved since my last surgery. Also, they always fill prescriptions and return calls immediately.

March 6th, 2013
The doctor was very good at explaining the procedure. I had a total knee replacement. At elmhurst hospital. I have Medicare. Your website doesn't mention either but he does take it. And follow up was easy and my scar is healing very well. He is a very good surgeon

March 1st, 2013
Recheck with your insurance what is covered and what is not. I wanted to pay my deductibles for physical theray and was told it was covered by insurance. It was not and I owed a substantial amount. I was paying small amounts what I could and office sent me to collections. Doctor is good, office staff is less desirable. Just be careful.