Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
best doctor i ever met he probably saved my life show details best doctor i ever met he probably saved my life
by joe herring on Mar 25th, 2016

best doctor I ever met

Best Doctor and Staff in Savannah. show details Best Doctor and Staff in Savannah.
by Very satisfied patient on Mar 7th, 2016

smartest Doctor I have ever known listens to your problems and know what to do fix them. Very kind and easy to talk to really cares about his patients. He has been my Doctor for about 2 years. His front desk staff were not so good about 1 year ago. The girls there now are much better. He has excellent administrative staff and they always speak well of him. I really like his new PA Jesse she is very smart and sweet.

Nov 9th, 2015

Terrible. Waiting time can exceed 2 1/2 hours. My mother who is 91 would have to wait and wait. Office tried to give me another patients information. The Doctor wants to run needless tests prior to getting your previous Doctors medical history (mom had just moved). Multiple tests would have been done within a year and insurance would not have covered them (bone density). The PA is no better...mom wasn't allowed to leave due to low blood pressure and taken to hospital somewhere between being weighed at the Dr.'s office and arriving at the hospital my mom had lost 16 lbs and blood pressure at hospital was normal. Yeesh... Again so many needless tests. Cardiologist couldn't understand why my mom was in the hospital. RUN as fast as you can from this office.

Sep 7th, 2015

This is the best doctor's office I have ever been to. Dr. Northup is an exceptional doctor. I am grateful for all of his help.

by reannon burkhart on Apr 29th, 2015

One of the most caring physicians i have seen since Dr. Rossiter retired!!! absolutely love him and his staff

pleased and greatful show details pleased and greatful
Mar 27th, 2015

Dr. Northup is a very kind and caring person, and one of the smartest doctors I have every met. I would like to have a shorter wait time but I know when its my turn he is going to give me better quality medical care than i can receive any where. He has had some staff problems over the past few years, especially the front desk. That seems to be improving in the last few months. I love his PA she is very smart and caring. I think he has an office manager that is an older lady but seems to be very smart, she appears to care about the employees and the patients, she follows up with calls to the patients and holds Dr. Northup in highest regard. I was very supprised to get a phone call after a rescent (February) hospital stay from her just checking on me to make sure i was ok. I had to see another doctor and needed a referral. The referral person was so wonderful and called me the same day with an appointment. I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Northup and his staff, expecially his PA, and his very caring Office Manager an d effecient referral person. I am 81 years old and my husband and i have seen Dr. Northup for about 25 years we think he is the best. I am so glad he has a good staff now. His nurse is great also.

Won't give up on finding out what's wrong with you. show details Won't give up on finding out what's wrong with you.
by Sazco on Jan 16th, 2014

Dr. Northup seems to really. Are about his patients. After being told I had anxiety and was crazy by many doctors I was about to give up. It took dr. Northup a few months and a Lot of tests but he believed that I was telling the truth and eventually found out what was really wrong. It was not all in my head and if it weren't for him believing in me I might still be giving up on doctors. His staff is awful with referrals and there seems to be a new 4 front office employees at every appt. but him and his nurse are worth the annoyance of dealing with his staff!!

Forever Grateful show details Forever Grateful
by Gabby on Oct 31st, 2013

The front desk receptionist can be quite negative and complains a lot including about the rest of the staff, but Dr.Northup is the most educated and knowledge physician in every medical field I ever come across. I had been seriously ill for over 7 months, had seen four other doctors in three states before I found him that could not diagnose me. He figured out in a matter of a few weeks after doing test. He is simply brilliant!! I am forever grateful to him!

Dr. Northup saved my life show details Dr. Northup saved my life
Jan 14th, 2012

I became very ill two years ago. I was in the hospital twice for kidney failure I went to two doctors who dismissed me becaude they could not easily figure out wwas wrong with for eight months I sufferd feeling like I was dying. Dr. Northup took the time to listen to me and believed me because my symptoms were odd. He ran the right test that confirmed I had a rare tumor. I know if not for Dr. Northup I would not be here and I feel like my old self again!!!!

best doc in the southeast! show details best doc in the southeast!
Jan 12th, 2012

Dr. Northup is far more educated and experienced than most doctors I have encountered. His education speaks for itself. He spends as much time with you that is needed to assess your condition. He is by far the most kind and giving doctor I have ever met. He is personable and down to earth. I recommend him to anyone who values one one one care and problem solving! He saved my life and has been doing this for years and years. Thank you Dr. Northup for the caring sole that you are!

Office Staff Rude and Unorganized show details Office Staff Rude and Unorganized
Jul 22nd, 2011

I went to see this doc for 2 years. During this time I rung up over $10,000 in med bills with no answers. They would lose my files, pull up other peoples reports in my file and my blood work was never in. I would continuously have tests redone and not be able to find out the results. The doc was very good about spending time with me but that was the extent of it. I would not entrust my health with this office. I have since found another gastro and two polups were foumd. I am now wondering if they were over looked when he did my colonoscopy. I continued to have pain so I sought out another doc.

excellent doctor/poor office/terrible accounting show details excellent doctor/poor office/terrible accounting
by A.J. on Mar 22nd, 2009

as a doctor he is very conscienctious and does more rather than not enough.his office and acounting is in general very poorly run and the building and interior could use some major renovation.He tends to relay on his P.A. which of course are not doctors and are laking his expertise.I pay to see the doctor not the assistant.I am not seeing him anymore unless I have a problem that requires his specialty and I have to go to the hospital (which is first-rate ) and I see him personally.

Terrible experience show details Terrible experience
by Dolores M on Sep 24th, 2008

I was seeing this doctor for over 2 years and was inaccuratley diagnosed. The staff is the rudest I have ever encountered. When the doctor could not properly treat my illness he wanted to put me back in the hospital and start from day one as though I was a new patient. That is when I realized he didn't really know what he was doing and that I had better find another doctor. I asked for my medical records at which point the staff knew exactly what I was going to do and became even more rude....I was shocked that they could even get any ruder. The nurses are terrible! The only thing this office has ever had going for the was PA and that is it. The PA was the only person in this office that ever showed any concern for me and my problem. They never returned phone calls like they said they would and seemed very bothered when I called to inquire why no one returned my phone calls. Overall this office was a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend them to ANYONE! This doctors answer to any problem was to stick a scope down one end or up the other....must be where all his money is made!

Would NOT recommend! show details Would NOT recommend!
by Judy O on May 2nd, 2008

I had to wait 3 hours in the waiting room because the doctor hadn't come in. (This isn't the first or second time!) Employees were rude. I was scheduled for bone scans, etc. and all I had was stomach issues. My insurance billing was incorrect.