Dr. John Northup MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Savannah, GA

3.9

September 3rd, 2016
Unhappy patient
I have been seeing Dr. Northup for the past 5-6 years, but lately he does not see his regular patients, instead he pushes them to be seem by his PA. The PA always has 2 go 2 him 2 ask questions, she is not knowledgeable enough to make medical decisions. I am not happy not being seen by the doctor himself.

March 25th, 2016
best doctor i ever met he probably saved my life
best doctor I ever met

March 7th, 2016
Best Doctor and Staff in Savannah.
smartest Doctor I have ever known listens to your problems and know what to do fix them. Very kind and easy to talk to really cares about his patients. He has been my Doctor for about 2 years. His front desk staff were not so good about 1 year ago. The girls there now are much better. He has excellent administrative staff and they always speak well of him. I really like his new PA Jesse she is very smart and sweet.

November 9th, 2015
Terrible. Waiting time can exceed 2 1/2 hours. My mother who is 91 would have to wait and wait. Office tried to give me another patients information. The Doctor wants to run needless tests prior to getting your previous Doctors medical history (mom had just moved). Multiple tests would have been done within a year and insurance would not have covered them (bone density). The PA is no better...mom wasn't allowed to leave due to low blood pressure and taken to hospital somewhere between being weighed at the Dr.'s office and arriving at the hospital my mom had lost 16 lbs and blood pressure at hospital was normal. Yeesh... Again so many needless tests. Cardiologist couldn't understand why my mom was in the hospital. RUN as fast as you can from this office.

September 7th, 2015
This is the best doctor's office I have ever been to. Dr. Northup is an exceptional doctor. I am grateful for all of his help.

April 29th, 2015
One of the most caring physicians i have seen since Dr. Rossiter retired!!! absolutely love him and his staff

March 27th, 2015
pleased and greatful
Dr. Northup is a very kind and caring person, and one of the smartest doctors I have every met. I would like to have a shorter wait time but I know when its my turn he is going to give me better quality medical care than i can receive any where. He has had some staff problems over the past few years, especially the front desk. That seems to be improving in the last few months. I love his PA she is very smart and caring. I think he has an office manager that is an older lady but seems to be very smart, she appears to care about the employees and the patients, she follows up with calls to the patients and holds Dr. Northup in highest regard. I was very supprised to get a phone call after a rescent (February) hospital stay from her just checking on me to make sure i was ok. I had to see another doctor and needed a referral. The referral person was so wonderful and called me the same day with an appointment. I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Northup and his staff, expecially his PA, and his very caring Office Manager an d effecient referral person. I am 81 years old and my husband and i have seen Dr. Northup for about 25 years we think he is the best. I am so glad he has a good staff now. His nurse is great also.

January 16th, 2014
Won't give up on finding out what's wrong with you.
Dr. Northup seems to really. Are about his patients. After being told I had anxiety and was crazy by many doctors I was about to give up. It took dr. Northup a few months and a Lot of tests but he believed that I was telling the truth and eventually found out what was really wrong. It was not all in my head and if it weren't for him believing in me I might still be giving up on doctors. His staff is awful with referrals and there seems to be a new 4 front office employees at every appt. but him and his nurse are worth the annoyance of dealing with his staff!!

October 31st, 2013
Forever Grateful
The front desk receptionist can be quite negative and complains a lot including about the rest of the staff, but Dr.Northup is the most educated and knowledge physician in every medical field I ever come across. I had been seriously ill for over 7 months, had seen four other doctors in three states before I found him that could not diagnose me. He figured out in a matter of a few weeks after doing test. He is simply brilliant!! I am forever grateful to him!

January 14th, 2012
Dr. Northup saved my life
I became very ill two years ago. I was in the hospital twice for kidney failure I went to two doctors who dismissed me becaude they could not easily figure out wwas wrong with for eight months I sufferd feeling like I was dying. Dr. Northup took the time to listen to me and believed me because my symptoms were odd. He ran the right test that confirmed I had a rare tumor. I know if not for Dr. Northup I would not be here and I feel like my old self again!!!!

January 12th, 2012
best doc in the southeast!
Dr. Northup is far more educated and experienced than most doctors I have encountered. His education speaks for itself. He spends as much time with you that is needed to assess your condition. He is by far the most kind and giving doctor I have ever met. He is personable and down to earth. I recommend him to anyone who values one one one care and problem solving! He saved my life and has been doing this for years and years. Thank you Dr. Northup for the caring sole that you are!

July 22nd, 2011
Office Staff Rude and Unorganized
I went to see this doc for 2 years. During this time I rung up over $10,000 in med bills with no answers. They would lose my files, pull up other peoples reports in my file and my blood work was never in. I would continuously have tests redone and not be able to find out the results. The doc was very good about spending time with me but that was the extent of it. I would not entrust my health with this office. I have since found another gastro and two polups were foumd. I am now wondering if they were over looked when he did my colonoscopy. I continued to have pain so I sought out another doc.