Dr. John Northup Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Northup?

Poor Staff Performance

Posted on September 19th, 2017

We were very impressed with Dr. Northup knowledge and attention during initial office visit. The office staff on the other hand lacked even the most basic office skills, their scheduling of a procedure wasn't scheduled accordingly with the hospital we were told to go to. The procedure was do to be perform early morning but we ended up not being seen until 5 1/2 hours later after our appointment time. The office staff never provided the address to the hospital without my asking them for the address and no reminder/confirmation call about the procedure appointment was made. Needless to say, 5 other patients along with us were put in this situation without having been informed of the mistake the office girls had made and we all ended up wasting a full day waiting to be seen. Very upsetting and unprofessional.

If you can find another good doctor go to that doctor. The office is a mess.

Posted on May 26th, 2017

Great doctor, but terrible office. The waits are too long. Poor support of patiences. You have to call the office several times before prescriptions are filled, lab orders faxed...

Unhappy patient

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Northup for the past 5-6 years, but lately he does not see his regular patients, instead he pushes them to be seem by his PA. The PA always has 2 go 2 him 2 ask questions, she is not knowledgeable enough to make medical decisions. I am not happy not being seen by the doctor himself.

best doctor i ever met he probably saved my life

Posted on March 25th, 2016

best doctor I ever met

Best Doctor and Staff in Savannah.

Posted on March 8th, 2016

smartest Doctor I have ever known listens to your problems and know what to do fix them. Very kind and easy to talk to really cares about his patients. He has been my Doctor for about 2 years. His front desk staff were not so good about 1 year ago. The girls there now are much better. He has excellent administrative staff and they always speak well of him. I really like his new PA Jesse she is very smart and sweet.

Posted on November 9th, 2015

Terrible. Waiting time can exceed 2 1/2 hours. My mother who is 91 would have to wait and wait. Office tried to give me another patients information. The Doctor wants to run needless tests prior to getting your previous Doctors medical history (mom had just moved). Multiple tests would have been done within a year and insurance would not have covered them (bone density). The PA is no better...mom wasn't allowed to leave due to low blood pressure and taken to hospital somewhere between being weighed at the Dr.'s office and arriving at the hospital my mom had lost 16 lbs and blood pressure at hospital was normal. Yeesh... Again so many needless tests. Cardiologist couldn't understand why my mom was in the hospital. RUN as fast as you can from this office.

Posted on September 7th, 2015

This is the best doctor's office I have ever been to. Dr. Northup is an exceptional doctor. I am grateful for all of his help.

Posted on April 29th, 2015

One of the most caring physicians i have seen since Dr. Rossiter retired!!! absolutely love him and his staff

pleased and greatful

Posted on March 28th, 2015

Dr. Northup is a very kind and caring person, and one of the smartest doctors I have every met. I would like to have a shorter wait time but I know when its my turn he is going to give me better quality medical care than i can receive any where. He has had some staff problems over the past few years, especially the front desk. That seems to be improving in the last few months. I love his PA she is very smart and caring. I think he has an office manager that is an older lady but seems to be very smart, she appears to care about the employees and the patients, she follows up with calls to the patients and holds Dr. Northup in highest regard. I was very supprised to get a phone call after a rescent (February) hospital stay from her just checking on me to make sure i was ok. I had to see another doctor and needed a referral. The referral person was so wonderful and called me the same day with an appointment. I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Northup and his staff, expecially his PA, and his very caring Office Manager an d effecient referral person. I am 81 years old and my husband and i have seen Dr. Northup for about 25 years we think he is the best. I am so glad he has a good staff now. His nurse is great also.

Won't give up on finding out what's wrong with you.

Posted on January 17th, 2014

Dr. Northup seems to really. Are about his patients. After being told I had anxiety and was crazy by many doctors I was about to give up. It took dr. Northup a few months and a Lot of tests but he believed that I was telling the truth and eventually found out what was really wrong. It was not all in my head and if it weren't for him believing in me I might still be giving up on doctors. His staff is awful with referrals and there seems to be a new 4 front office employees at every appt. but him and his nurse are worth the annoyance of dealing with his staff!!

Forever Grateful

Posted on October 31st, 2013

The front desk receptionist can be quite negative and complains a lot including about the rest of the staff, but Dr.Northup is the most educated and knowledge physician in every medical field I ever come across. I had been seriously ill for over 7 months, had seen four other doctors in three states before I found him that could not diagnose me. He figured out in a matter of a few weeks after doing test. He is simply brilliant!! I am forever grateful to him!

Dr. Northup saved my life

Posted on January 14th, 2012

I became very ill two years ago. I was in the hospital twice for kidney failure I went to two doctors who dismissed me becaude they could not easily figure out wwas wrong with for eight months I sufferd feeling like I was dying. Dr. Northup took the time to listen to me and believed me because my symptoms were odd. He ran the right test that confirmed I had a rare tumor. I know if not for Dr. Northup I would not be here and I feel like my old self again!!!!