Dr. John Nowins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 29th, 2016
GREAT DOCTOR
I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM HE IS A GOOD DOCTOR.

December 29th, 2016
Very Thorough
He is a great doctor. He takes his time with you and always makes sure we understand before leaving the office. Highly recommended.

December 6th, 2016
Dr. John Nowins is honestly the best doctor that I have experienced in Las Vegas! He delivered my first child through cesarean and it was done flawlessly! Although the wait time to see the doctor can be a little long it is very well worth it. When you see him he is very thorough with information needed to have a successful pregnancy and he really makes sure you have an understanding with what's going on with your body and you baby! I'm so grateful for this man and the care he has for his patients and his work. Truly the best! thank you Doctor Nowins for all that you do!

November 2nd, 2016
Patient
This is a long post but one I hope you read. I have been a patient of Dr John for over 20 years. He delivered 3 of my 4 children (would've done four if my insurance hadn't changed and buy it did and he wasn't a provider).i went to another Dr for my 4th pregnancy only to have been cut wrong and I hemorrhaged on the table. I was able to get new insurance and thankfully he was a provider again. He has preformed multiple surgeries for me because I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome. In all the years I've been a patient I can honestly say the wait in the office to see him is long but I am patient. The reason I am patient is because Dr John take his time with you. He always always answers your questions. He reviews Everything in your chart. He makes sure you are up to date on blood work, testing and whatever else you need. Makes sure your vitamin levels are what they should be. I mean everything. He also took on my teenage daughter as a patient when after a visit to an er was told she had a very large cyst on her ovary as well. We had to see another dr at first because dr John was out of town. That dr did nothing for my daughter other than give her narcotics and was told come back in 8 weeks for a follow up. I called dr johns office for the first available appointment because my daughter was in so much pain and couldn't even sit down. He was shocked at how large her cyst was an explained surgery was a must or she would most likely lose that ovary at 16. He spent over an hour and a half with my daughter explaining everything in detail. He did emergency surgery the next day (Saturday) thank god he did because the cyst had more than doubled in size in less than a week. After the procedure he came out to the waiting room and showed me and her dad pics of the cyst he removed and said that he was able to save her ovary. I wouldn't trust anyone other than him for me or my daughter. So if you have a long wait in the office to see him there is a reason why. He is by far the best OBGYN.

August 16th, 2016
The best in Town!
My mother started seeing him when she was 19 years old. He delivered me and 3 of my cousins. Has preformed multiple surgeries on the women in my famil ...

January 27th, 2015
The best Dr in town
I been going to Dr Nowins since 2005, he performed 2 surgeries plus laproscopic ovarian cysts, he removed tumors from my uterus and still saved my uterus, he always sat down with me explained and treated any complication and health conditions i had, I trust on him not 100% but 200%, and If i get this extraordinary service i can wait to see him all day,he is that good, I thank to God that he let me get to know this Dr , who saved me several times! and I m thankful to him for exceptional care and compation even though with his busy schedule, Thank you Dr John Nowins for being there.

December 11th, 2014
Dr John is very kind and spent a lot of time with me.

November 3rd, 2014
I had no problem getting a same day appointment, and Dr. Nowin spent so much time with me. I will tell everyone about his bedside manner.

June 5th, 2014
nice staff
About 2 weeks ago I went to see dr nowins. I was waiting in the waiting room.When some patients started getting mad because they have been waiting for a long time.Than I started questioning my self do I really want to wait this long to see a doctor.I decided to canceled my apointment I went to the front desk and told her I wanted to cancel my apontment and she ask me why I told her the reason and she convinced me to see him.I am happy I waited to see him.He is the best doctor.

May 5th, 2014
Spends a lot of time with each Pt.
He is very caring and always spends as much time as needed with me. Willing to answer all questions.

March 13th, 2014
Dr John Nowins is very caring and always spends as much time as needed with me. Same day appointments are always easy to get. He is willing to answer all my questions. I would recomend him to others

March 3rd, 2014
14 years later and I still think he's a bad doctor!!!
I started seeing this doctor about 3 months into my pregnancy. I had just had a miscarriage a couple months prior and was still very nervous about this pregnancy making it all the way. He never spent more than five minutes in the exam room with me, never listened to the heartbeat, and never examined me. When the nurse told him I had high blood pressure, he did nothing! When I told him my vision wasn't right, he said I need to see an eye dr. When I went in to labor 6 weeks early, he was MAD when he was called in to deliver my daughter, because he had an early morning golf game. He became even more mad, when he found out I wasn't fully dilated when he got there. From what my husband tells me, he also cut me much more than necessary, and it was obvious he was taking out his grievances on me. As soon as my daughter was delivered, he high tailed it out of there, because he knew he was about to get his butt delivered to him by my husband! He never once came to see me after delivery, I never saw him again. The day I was released from the hospital, I swelled up badly in my legs and had to find another OB/GYN. Thank God that I did, as I had toxemia. I and my child could have died due to his careless behavior and lack of interest. Had he been any kind of real doctor, he would have known I was sick and done something. I could have had a full term pregnancy. Luckily my daughter was healthy, and is now almost 15 years old. My point people, is that this was almost 15 years ago....If he was that bad then, and you look at his current reviews, PLEASE Do Not go to this person for your obstetric care. Child birth is supposed to be a wonderful experience, don't let this jerk ruin it for you, by risking you or your child's life.