A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nurnberger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Nurnberger is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nurnberger
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nurnberger Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nurnberger, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Disease Susceptibility
- Diseases in Twins
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Affective Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nurnberger graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Nurnberger has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
- Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John I Nurnberger MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John I. Nurnberger practice?
- Dr. John Nurnberger has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Nurnberger practices Psychiatry near Indianapolis, IN.
See Indianapolis Psychiatrists.