Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

by beth Thurston on Sep 9th, 2016

Dr O'Bannon was great !!!

Patient o show details Patient o
by Harry Shaia , Jr on Aug 9th, 2016

Excellent in every respect

Fantastic neurologist - and funny too! show details Fantastic neurologist - and funny too!
by Carter "Butch" Ammon on Jul 12th, 2016

Dr. O'Bannon is really great! I wrenched my lower back hitting golf balls a while back, and foolishly, I ignored it. He knew instantly what I did, how I did it, and chuckled when I told him that at 55, my mind was still trying to tell me that I'm 20! I would recommend him to everybody I know, because not only is he down to earth, but he is an expert neurologist and knows what he is doing. Another great thing that could be listed as "bedside manner" is he explains things very clearly and with a touch of humor too!

Jul 7th, 2016

Dr.O'Bannon has been my Neurologist for many years, and saw me through treatment for Lymphoma combined with my Myasthenia Gravis. When I began seeing him, he was one of two Neurologists in the entire Richmond area recommended to me. He was a great choice!

Jul 4th, 2016

I have known Dr. O'Bannon for many years. He is courteous, respectful, personable and an excellent clinician and diagnostician.

Jun 2nd, 2016

Thank you, Dr. O'Bannon, (and Debbie) for working me into the schedule so quickly, and for the prompt response with the results of my tests.

by Thomas Graves on May 5th, 2016

I have been a patient of John O'Bannon's for over 20 years. I have come to rely on him not only a good doctor but a very good friend. The nursing staff and office staff working with him have been very competent and responsive to my needs.

Went Way Above & Beyond to Treat Me show details Went Way Above & Beyond to Treat Me
by JMB on Nov 21st, 2013

I was admitted to the hospital with very strange symptoms that were becoming life-threatening. Dr. O'Bannon was called in to consult, and I was told by a very well-respected neurologist friend of my family that Dr. O'Bannon is one of the best neurologists in Viriginia. He quickly began collaborating with a rheumatologist and cardiologist to diagnose me. They discovered I had a rare neurological problem, and Dr. O'Bannon went into high gear to learn about the illness and develop a treatment plan. He worked closely with the one expert in the US at the Mayo Clinic and stayed in constant contact with me. He made sure he and several other specialists were provided with a very comprehensive battery of tests so that every possible illness or problem could either be ruled out or confirmed. Not only was he extremely thorough, but Dr.O'Bannon was very patient and kind with me. He explained everything extremely well, and went over treatment options in great detail. He also reached out to doctors doing research studies on my illness to help mitigate the cost of some very expensive treatment. I have since received treatment and have fully recovered. I have had one follow-up appointment with Dr. O'Bannon, and it was evident that I was not just a number, but a patient he truly cared about. Dr. O'Bannon is not only brilliant and extremely capable, he is compassionate and caring and lets his patients know it. He also readily credited the Rheumatologist, Dr. Moroianu, with initially finding my diagnosis, which really impressed me. Not often does a specialist collaborate so well with colleagues, and give credit where due. I am extremely grateful to him and owe him my health. I unreservedly recommend him.