Dr. John Odea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 2nd, 2016
If you listen to what he tells you it is life changing. The best of many but the only doctor for me.

September 23rd, 2015
Quack
This is a quack Doctor he wont do blood because he doesn't want anybody to know his secret formula. I think my health is a little more important. Wont surprise me if somebody dies someday.

February 22nd, 2015
5 Star Endocinologist
A passionate and very competent endocrinologist who really cares about his patients.

August 6th, 2014
Brilliant but boorish!!
This doctor was recommended to us by a top neurologist. Not a good experience at all and this came at a very high price. The doctor charges you for dirty joke telling and everything unrelated to your health! Thinks he is some kind of super star, however, found that he just had an over inflated perception of himself. Staff lacked professionalism and very rude. Hardly ever followed up with patient requests and could hardly handle phones and computers. Please pay attention to these reviews on Dr. Odea. The bad ones are truthful!!

January 7th, 2014
A Real Doctor!
Dr. O'Dea is a wonderful doctor he truely tries to help you in every way possible. He takes his brain and education further than many doctor do or will even try too. Even when your medical problem has stumped all other doctors he works so hard. Never wanting to tell you he may be stumped too. I thank him for all he did and all his care and concern.

October 12th, 2013
Wouldn't want to go anywhere else
I've been going to O'Dea for almost a year, and I really love the way he handles transgender hormonal care. Instead of just seemingly operating strictly out of some outdated manual, he has a wealth of knowledge and is not afraid to use it. If you are looking for an endocrinologist who will give you what you want & need instead of telling you to "deal with it", he is your man. I hear too much about endocrinologists that are unwilling to give appropriate dosages for feminization, and I always recommend O'Dea because he feminizes people at whatever pace they desire provided that there are no health issues. It's almost like magic if you want to feminize quickly. His personality is definitely very witty and he does not hold back with his comments- which may throw some off if they aren't prepared. I am very open minded so I was not taken back whatsoever and I rather love it, but I can see how people with certain sensitivities might not necessarily agree. I get along with him extremely well and love his attitude towards helping transgendered people. I always go in thinking it will be a quick appointment, just to spend twice as long listening and talking with him about everything from the scientifics of his treatment to new technologies/offerings for transgender care. It's usually always a learning experience, and I like that a lot. I trust him completely, and so far his care has allowed me to blossom into the person I have always dreamed of being (cliché but 100% true). His pellet based hormone treatments are the best, no doubt about it. Every time I have had a concern about dosages or unwanted effects, he explains in great detail what the problem may be and how we can fix it. He always gives options to pick from. So far, he has been spot on and my results have been utterly fantastic. I could not imagine my transition going any smoother, and he played a huge role in that. Highly highly recommend Dr. O'Dea!

November 17th, 2011
Good at first, I left very disappointed in my last visit his arrogance and rudeness will bring his little business to the ground, He talks about his patients referring to some of then as truck drivers, I have been seeing him for 15 years referring many patients most had left him! very unhappy I wont recommend anyone ever! cost per treatment every 4 month $750.00 plus, $300. per visit!! remember the more time you spent talking to him the more he will get out of your wallet!! watch out for DR Frankenstein!

September 26th, 2011
Please dont see this doctor!!
This office is just horrible, I paid an incredible amount for my initial visit, but spent the time just talking and not about my health. There was no follow up from the doctor at all. His staff was extremely rude. The only thing they would express is that if I wanted any answers on any blood work or tests done I would have to be seen again at approx. $300 for a follow up, when my initial visit was just under $700 for absolutely nothing. No tests no exam, nothing. I am in shock at the robbery, and the attitude in the staff. It is beyond anything I have experienced before.

September 16th, 2011
I have with Dr. O'Dea for 3 years.I spent all my money to pay hormone-bill.His stuff are very rude.STAY OUT OF THIS MONEY-MAKER DR.

March 24th, 2011
Do not do it
Dr O'Dea has the rudest staff I have ever seen at any doctors office. There is no communication, no phone calls are returned and the prices have gone sky high with out letting patients know before hand.The old staff he had, and subsequently fired, were the nicest people one could find.What happened?Dr. O Dea is a good Doctor , but something fundamental has changed.Find another doctor, my advice

March 24th, 2011
Very Upset
I have been a patient of Dr. O Dea's for many years but I've had it with his arrogant attitude. When you try and ask this egomaniac questions, he will abruptly cut you off and be very curt with you. You don't dare question the "Great O Dea!" He has cycled through staff like crazy over the past few years and it's always the staff's fault according to O Dea. He now has this so-called office administrator who is actually ruder than Dr. O Dea. I've been trying to get copies of my lab results from O Dea for months to no avail and the dosage amount of hormone pellets he inserts subcutaneously. His staff never properly billed my insurance so I've been paying out of pocket for years. When he interviews you, he will ask you many questions about yourself, many unrelated about your care and, I feel inappropriate: What's your religion? What are your political views? Then he sometimes will go on to crack tasteless dirty jokes. He started off being a great doctor, but the last year and a half, he has been awful. I will no longer travel the great distance to see him; he's care and attitude is no longer worth the effort.

March 10th, 2011
Stay Away!
I initially thought he was amazing. He kept referring to himself as "Dr. Frankenstein," saying he would make me "perfect." But when his treatments started going bad, and I needed to be hospitalized, HE DISAPPEARED. I couldnt reach him by phone or email. I wound up needing to take 8 months of medical leave from my job as other doctors put me back together. I have not even been able to get my medical records.