inactive

John J O'Shea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

no change

February 8th, 2015
Dr O'Shea has ruined my quality of life
My quality of life will never be the same again. I live in constant pain due to Dr O'Shea's wrongful decisions he made without my consent durring surgery.

August 25th, 2014
Amazing knee replacement experience
I had a bad knee - arthritis, impact from a staph infection (happened 4 months before I met Dr. O'Shea), past injuries. The staph infection meant I had to wait a bit before Dr O'Shea would consider operating - fine with me - I wanted an infection-free experience. I should not have worried. Dr O'Shea's surgical skills and his pre-surgery advice about the positive impact a knee exercise program would have on my outcome were both wonderful. I followed a vigorous exercise program in the months prior to my surgery and 24 hours after my complete knee replacement I asked to go home. It was granted because I could pass any exercise test they tossed at me. I walked up and down a staircase, easily walked around the hospital floor - all within 8 hours of surgery. Now, 2 weeks later, I have stopped taking all pain medicine (stopped 5 days ago), walk easily with either my walker or my cane, have better knee extension than before surgery (even given the swelling I still have around my knee). In all ways I am in better shape than before surgery and I had no idea how little pain the recovery experience would include. I had severe pain before and none now. I really appreciate his excellent work and the ease of working with his staff. When I arrived late for an appointment, they fit me in; his assistant who worked with me at his office and at the hospital answered every question I had. I would recommend Dr. O'Shea in a heartbeat. I feel like I am a walking miracle and I thank him profusely.