Dr. John Otoole MD, MS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 24th, 2015
Excellent
My husband had experienced weakness in his hand and leg and was sent by our family doctor for an MRI. After the MRI he was immediately hospitalized because a growth was found to be compressing his spinal cord at C1 and C2. The neurologist at the hospital sent him by ambulance to Rush and Dr O'Toole as soon as he read the MRI. Dr O'Toole saw is immediately after arriving at Rush. Surgery was scheduled and Dr O'Toole removed the cyst compressing my husbands spine. He was very thorough and explained exactly what he was going to do, the risks, and the prognosis for his recovery. The surgery was successful and my husbands recovering and his quality of life is dramatically improved. We would both highly recommend Dr O'Toole. He is an outstanding doctor.

October 17th, 2015
Does not provide time to hear your concerns or answer questions nor does he make an effort to explain things in a manner you can understand.

August 31st, 2015
Discectomy
Outstanding doctor!!

December 31st, 2013
Owner
Dr. O'toole is the best in the world, not only don't I have a scar I have a NEW back that is better than before. When God was making doctors, he spent a few extra hours on Dr O'toole

June 6th, 2012
THE THORACIC TITANIUM CAGES I HAVE HAD FOR 10 MONTHS HAVE ALTERED MY LIFE AND AAVED MY LIFE WITHOUT PAIN. HOWEVER I NEED TO SLEEP SITTING AT LEAST AT A 45

February 25th, 2012
Microdiskectomy
After suffering from a herniated disk for 1 year, I reluctantly sought out surgical options. I went to Dr Otoole as a second opinion but after leaving my appointment decided to have him do the procedure. At just 2 weeks post op (surgery was 2/13/12) my pain is 90% gone. I highly recommend Dr Otoole. They run a tight ship from start the finish. I look forward to seeing Dr Otoole at my 6 week follow up so I can share with him the difference he has made in me and my families life.

July 27th, 2011
Caring, dedicated
Dr. O'Toole has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've been to in my 50+ years. With a spinal cord resection he took time at each and every visit made both in his office and while hospitalized.I saw him while I was hospitalized, at all times of the day and night and wondered if he ever slept.Thank you doctor for your exceptional service along with the wonderful care Rush has an excellent hospital, I would and have recommended Rush (thank God, I didn't have to recommend Dr. O'Toole), but I would in an instant.

May 21st, 2011
Highest level of patient focus & Dx
Dr. O'Toole was consulted as recommended by Dr Huan Dang. Dr. O'Toole reviewed my case and explained my situation, potential treatment, risks, benefits, and gave me the finest and most understandable explanation about how surgery can correct anatomical anomalies and may or may not reduce pain. He gave me something that I had not received in decades of seeking help, understanding and confidence in his explanations. I now know what I am facing - more clearly than ever before. Thank you Dr. O'Toole and thanks to your mentors.

August 21st, 2010