Dr. John Oas Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. John Oas?

Vertigo disability

Posted on August 26th, 2016

The best most knowledgeable Dr. that has ever treated me for my vestibular problems, with the utmost care and understanding how debilitating the medical issue has been so problamatic with my everyday life and set forth a treatment plan to help me cope with my disability.

Insensensitive, unsure of diagnosis, mislabled

Posted on August 20th, 2016

I saw Dr Oas a couple years ago presenting with dizziness, headaches, ringing, in ears, neck tightness. At first I was given one diagnosis. When I came back for second visit after recommended treatment he looked at me and said in disgust "your no better than before" as if I planned it! He disregarded another doctors opinion. I was in tears. He ordered some other testing as if to appease me. My dix-hallpike test was abnormal. The tech told me it was not consistent with crystals in my ears and Dr Oas would have to figure it out. I made several attempts to reach out to him finally he returned my call and rattled off test results. Never got to see him for six month face to face. I will withhold the diagnosis he gave me at that time as to protect my identity. There is inconsistency as to the diagnosis on my test results and what I now see on OSU my chart. I am now working with my internist to make sure I do not have vertebral insufficiency. This diagnosis is a viable option that consides with symptoms and ENG results. So it is important to rule it out.

Posted on July 9th, 2016

I waited 6 months for the first appointment. Then waited 1 hour in the waiting room to see him. He's the most arrogant Dr. I've ever came across. If you're not clear on something he actually smirks and shakes his head. He has a need to prove to you how intelligent he is. I've seen 2 other neurologists in the past, but are no longer convenient to see do to moving. I will make the drive before returning to this office.

Finally, a clear diagnosis and plan

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

I honestly could not say enough about Dr. Oas to accurately and acutely capture how thankful I am to now have him on my team of medical professionals. I feel as if the key player has finally joined after years of being misdiagnosed and passed onto the next medical subset. Last Friday was my first appointment. The office staff was very kind and professional. I waited approximately 15 mins to be seen. Dr. Oas spent two hours going over history and completing the most thorough exam I have every experienced. He is succinct and concise. He deals in absolutes which may be why others felt his bedside manner was lacking but I wasn't seeking a doctor of his status for warm and fuzzy feelings. I needed answers and even yet, I did still find him to be very caring and compassionate. I couldn't be more grateful and am looking forward to continuing treatment with him in the following months. Dr. Oas is the best of the best.

Posted on January 21st, 2016

This doctor has a horrible attitude and an inflated ego. He talks down to you instead of to you. If you don't understand something he's said and question him he looks at you with disdain as if you are the most uneducated person he has ever encountered. People that come to see him are sick and don't deserve to be treated the way he treats them. He actually frightens me. You also wait for 2 or 3 hours in the waiting room before you get to see him and he makes no apologies for it. I understand spending time with patients is important but allow more time between appointments. Some people are too sick to have to wait that long.

Best

Posted on November 18th, 2015

Dr. Oas is an amazing Doctor. I have seen him for over 16 years Compassionate and caring.

Best Doctor to treat Vertigo

Posted on September 25th, 2014

Dr. Oas has been treating me for vertiigo for four years. He has been a great help to me in trying to get my vertigo under control. I have recommended him to some of my friends who have need to someone like Dr. Oas.

Posted on January 20th, 2013

Dr. Oas was my doctor for three years while he was in Boston. He was the first doctor to properly diagnose and treat my condition. He was always kind, caring and concerned for my well-being. He always ran an hour behind schedule BUT that was because he *took the time* to review tests, perform tests and to explain treatment options to you. I never minded because I knew he'd be thorough. I was disappointed when he left and would return to him immediately if I could fly to Ohio for appointments. I would recommend him to anyone. VERY knowledgeable doctor who offers top-notch care. A rare find.

great doc

Posted on May 24th, 2012

after visits to many docs this doc did one test and know what was wrong.he not only has great qualifications but i failed to find any ego problems

A disturbing doctor

Posted on April 4th, 2012

dr Oas was with Cleveland clinic some years ago. My perception is he was an angry uncaring and almost dangerous man treating a relative who had recently had major surgery by throwing the person up and back in what appeared an angry way on a table with an arrogant and nasty attitude. He claimed the dizziness was caused by inner ear issue when it turned out later to be due to a serious infection acquired during surgery, Doctor Oas and I use the term doctor loosely could have seriously injured my relative who was not even healed from surgery at the time he angrily and extremely roughly provided treatment. Perhaps he had a bad day or was angry because it was a late day appt, but my opinion is I wouldn't let this doctor treat my dog. He appears to have great credentials but on that day he appeared to be angry rude arrogant and very questionable in his very rough treatment. He also said he would contact for a follow up and that never happened either.

Doctor's Response

I have not practiced at the Cleveland Clinic since August 2004, yet this comment is referenced 8 years later. I'm sorry the patient's family misunderstood a common procedure first described in 1954 called the Dix-Hallpike positioning test as a violent procedure on their loved one. I suspect this test and the particle repositioning therapy (a simplified modification of a treatment first described by John Epley in 1992) appeared to be rough, but is the standard of care for patients with BPPV. I regret the obvious misinterpretation of the procedure with an ad hominem attack on my character.

Posted on November 11th, 2017