inactive

• Family Medicine Fort Worth, TX

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015
Good doctor overall. He is very personable and competent.

March 17th, 2015
Shady Practice
I am a healthy 29 year old woman and also a nurse. I had gone to Dr. Obbink for at least 7 years. I had noticed during the last couple years his office staff and his medical advice had leaned more to the side of greed than providing patient care. My whole family and grandparents were patients of Dr. Obbink. During the past two years he had misdiagnosed illnesses twice and ordered tests performed that were not required with different members of my family. During my last and final visit, I had shown signs and symptoms of a urinary tract infection. He told me that I was diabetic, even though I had already been told the over the counter medication I had taken for my urinary tract infection would alter my blood sugar and I have never displayed diabetic tendencies and my weight is fine. I told him I knew for sure I wasn't diabetic and he angryly asked me how I would know and I said I had my physical later that month and before he started me on medication, I wanted to see results from that. He also pushed me to have a colonoscopy performed. As a young woman with no problems this concerned me. He is friendly and very talkative, but when you suggest ideas about your health or show signs of disagreement he becomes very angry. His staff do not have the best bedside manner and at the end of my visit he charged me for the visit without billing anything to my insurance first. He does charge $50 for the release of your medical file as previously mentioned in another review. I know this from other patients who have left him. I do not reccomend Dr. Obbink and suggest going elsewhere. You will be overcharged and mislead under the care of his whole staff.

January 19th, 2014
Beware
Dr.Obbink was my doctor for 5 years. You will wait in the waiting room for about 10 minutes. You be called in a room and wait an additional 20-30 minutes for the doctor to appear. I dealt with it because Dr. Obbink would listen to you explain your illness. However he would always send me to the lab for test without telling me what he ordered or what I was being tested for. Things in his office changed. His assistant can be down right rude! I tolerated it for a while. I noticed Dr.Obbink ordered lab work on every appointment and would make schedule another appointment just to find out the results of my lab work. This was becoming to expensive due to I had to pay for every visit to see him, even for lab results. My last visit I went for a physical. Dr.Obbink told me to have lab work again. I went for lab work. I called Dr. Obbink for the lab results for my cholesterol. His assistant informed I will need to schedule an appointment to see Dr. Obbink in order to find out my results. I informed her its too expensive to keep seeing Dr. Obbink for results of lab work. I informed her I paid for the doctor visit already for the physical. I am not going to pay another visit to find out my results. I informed her other Physicians do not charge patients to find out the results of lab work. The assistant advised me its the way Dr.Obbink operates his business. I explained to her it appears the office is trying to defraud it patients by. Charging the patient for two office visits for the same issue the patient came in for the 1st place. The assistant refused to let me speak to the doctor. Due to Dr.Obbink office refused to release to me my lab results. I contacted the lab I went to for my results. I already paid the lab for the test. The lab Informed me the doctor should release my results to me without charging another office visit. I contacted Dr.Obbink months later requesting a copy of my file. The assistant placed Dr.Obbink on the phone without informing me. Dr. Obbink was Rude and Angry. He informed he removed himself from being my doctor and he mailed me a letter informing me. I never received a letter. I explained to him I was disappointed I never received my results and his assistant was rude. Dr.Obbink yelled at me I'm the rude one and he would never see me and my test results showed my cholesterol was normal. He was so angry. I never seen a doctor behave so Unprofessional. I explained to Dr.Obbink no patient should pay a doctor visit just to get lab results, after all this my results were normal. The office could have easily given me the information. I asked for my medical file. The doctor refused. Once I asked again. Dr.Obbink yelled he would charge me $50.00 for a copy of my file. Mind you he dumped me without my knowledge because I refused to come in his office to pay another office for the results of my lab. Dr. Obbink also admitted he ordered other test without my knowledge. I asked why ? He stated because I said I was tired. Go figure!!!! Be careful...... he has a temper and seems to only care for making more money off his patients. Its a shame because it was Not like that when I started going to him in the beginning.

March 7th, 2011
He takes the time!
Dr. Obbink takes the time to explain everything to you. He is very kind and patient. I have seen him for years and years. Wait time is minimal.

April 1st, 2009
Dr is very caring but has attitude when not agreed with.

March 5th, 2009
Excellent doctor, very caring and takes time to listen and explain things to you. I moved from the area and hope I can find another doctor like him!

September 4th, 2008
Dr. Obbink and his staff has always been courteous, respectful, and more than willing to out of their way to help every time I have visited their office. I am extremely comfortable asking questions and always get a prompt reply in a friendly manner. I wish all doctors and staff had the mutual respect for each other as well as their patietns as this office does.

July 11th, 2008
Hmmm
Love the doctor but the nurse needs to be replaced with someone that has better people skills.

December 22nd, 2015