Overall Review

October 9th, 2015
Not Enough Stars
There aren't enough stars to rate Dr. Oeltjen's professionalism and compassionate care. I am forever grateful for his outstanding surgeries six years ago. He's got golden hands and a big heart in addition to unparalleled knowledge and experience.

October 8th, 2014
NEGLIENCE
I WOULD NOT CHOOSE THIS DR. OELTJEN AGAIN to perform any type of surgery. I WOULD TELL MY FRIENDS HE IS NOT A REAL PLASTIC Breast Reduction SURGEON. His bedsides manners is very uncaring, he will not hear or accept what you tell him, especially if it relates to pain. I presumed he gave me an accurate diagnose of my need for a breast reduction, but he forgot to inform me that I would need or receive a new breast. He did not spend time with me after the surgery as the attending surgeon, instead he sent his trusted Fellow surgeon to do the follow up of the surgery, that the Fellow surgeon said he did. during the follows up he could not hear me tell him that I was in pain, instead he asked me was I comfortable with the size and look of my breast. I trusted him to perform a professional breast reduction surgery and he gave me a botch job, that he said condescendingly that he performed. After four years of this surgery, I am still in pain. I have been diagnose with chronic breast pain, not in the incision area but above and around those areas. I plea with anyone to be very precarious about anything this doctor will tell you because he will tell you what you want to hear.

July 3rd, 2013
Abdominoplasty
I researched a ton of doctors before finally choosing Dr. Oeltjen. I am so happy with my choice. The human body is an art and an imperfect canvas so realistic expectations are important. My expectations were met and exceeded. Most importantly, Dr. Oeltjen is incredibly nice and has a great spirit to him. He is kind, responsive and caring. His staff at Sylvan is amazing, office staff is a hit or miss, but your trust needs to go into the doctor not his staff. The entire operating team was amazing, very caring and loving. Even though my procedure was cosmetic, it was a big deal to me and I did not feel judged by any of the medical team. I would recommend Dr. Oeltjen in a heartbeat to anyone who is anxious, scared, or unsure about surgery. Once you meet him you feel safe and well taken care of.

May 21st, 2013
My abdominoplasty experience with Dr. Oeltjen has been a major disappointment. I've gone from a fat belly with poor skiing texture and strech marks before surgery, to a lumpy abdomen with a visible depression on my left side and a triangle shape navel with extending scars on each top points. Although a few months following my surgery, he performed a revision at both ends, which were bulging, referred as "dog ears," the line has not smooth out after 3 years. Dr. Oeltjen dismissed my complains about my navel, stating that he had seen worst and couldn't do anything about it. As for the visible depression on my left side, he simply denied seen it, stating that it was the shape of my body. Although the dark bruise above this depression has diminish with time, the appearance elf my abdomen, lumpy, badly scarred, with a navel in the shape of a triangle is a daily reminder of how doctors, particularly in Florida, are allow to maim patients with impunity.

May 2nd, 2011
Trusted Doctor with high integrity.
after 15 years health issue - He was the only doctor i trusted to go through the procedure.

July 24th, 2009
I found Dr. Oeltjen and his assistant to be efficient, proficient, friendly, helpful, sympathetic, understanding and caring during a very difficult time in my life. I recommend without reservation Dr. Oeltjen.