A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Opitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Opitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Opitz
Autism Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about autism, and symptoms of autistic children such as communication, social and routine behavior problems.Before Visiting Dr. Opitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Opitz, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- He has special expertise in 34 areas:
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Brain Disorder
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Eye Abnormalities
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Growth Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Opitz graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Opitz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Primary Children+s Medical Center
- University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Utah Health Care
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Marius Opitz MD is a male Medical Geneticist and practices in Clinical Genetics and M.D..
- Where does Dr. John M. Opitz practice?
- Dr. John Opitz has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Opitz practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Salt Lake City, UT.
See Salt Lake City Geneticists.