A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Opitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Opitz is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Opitz, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- He has special expertise in 34 areas:
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Brain Disorder
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Eye Abnormalities
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Growth Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Opitz graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Opitz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Primary Children+s Medical Center
- University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Utah Health Care
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Opitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- University Health Care Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- SelectHealth - 8 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Opitz practice?
Dr. John Opitz practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Salt Lake City, UT.
Additional practice locations include: Riverton, UT.
See Salt Lake City Geneticists.