A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Opitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Opitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Opitz, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- He has special expertise in 34 areas:
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Brain Disorder
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Eye Abnormalities
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Growth Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Opitz graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Opitz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Primary Children+s Medical Center
- University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Utah Health Care
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Marius Opitz MD is a male Medical Geneticist and practices in Clinical Genetics and M.D..
- Where does Dr. John M. Opitz practice?
- Dr. John Opitz has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Opitz practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Salt Lake City, UT.
Additional practice locations include: Riverton, UT.
See Salt Lake City Geneticists.