Dr. John Orris DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 21st, 2015
Is this guy an actual doctor? Certainly there are better docs out there.I had asked for my lab results for 2 months straight. The first month he never looked at them. The second month he said they were good. By the third month I was asked by a nurse if I had gone to the lab to get them drawn, they were not in the chart. One of the other doctors then reviewed them with me. They were abnormal! I was told my chances were slim. Prior to that he told me that everything looked good and I wouldn't be there for long! He likes to string you along, orders unnecessary tests in order to keep you as a patient. The inconsistencies are the worst. One month everything looks good but when things are looked backed upon it may be a different story. Perhaps reviewing the chart before calling the patient into the office would be helpful. I can only suggest some real hard consideration before going to this guy. If so, make sure you physically see the results (upon doing research about procedures, meds,etc to know what is normal/abnormal). Although after a 3 minute office visit he is able to Davis you to park behind the bryn mawr office since it is free parking.

August 22nd, 2013
excellent doctor and staffs
After being diagnosed with PCOS by my OB, I google searched fertility specialist nearby and came across Dr. Orris and main line fertility. I spent one and half year with them and went through a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy, but finally, I was able to conceive naturally and now my baby girl is arriving in one month! Dr. Orris is very professional and easily gained my trust. He is firm and has very good judgement. Whenever my husband and I worried about some pregnancy symptoms, he was able to help us feel relieved in a one-minute conversation. Yet when things are not normal, for example, when I was suspected of ectopic pregnancy, he treated it extremely seriously and took actions very quickly. I was thus able to receive MTX treatment early and avoided losing a tube. The staffs at mainline fertility are the best medical staffs I've ever met in this country. The receptionists and nurses are so nice, caring, and fun. Phone calls are always answered quickly, appointment can be made for next day, and things are run efficiently so I can get out of the office within 40-60 minutes for each visit. I hope I will not have any trouble conceiving my next one, but if I do I would certainly go there again.

March 11th, 2013
A great experience
I cannot say enough about Dr. Orris and the staff at Main Line Fertility. They were very eager to answer any questions and were always nice and friendly. What I liked the most is that I did not feel like a patient. They made my experience much more personal like I was a family member to them. I never left with a question unanswered or a sense of ease with my Pregnancy. I highly recommended them to anyone who needs their assistance. They were very honest and compassionate. I will miss them for the next 30 weeks. And I can't thank them enough for their care.

July 7th, 2012
Dr Orris reminded me of a plastic surgeon . Felt he became a doctor for the money only. He's not personable , & is moody . Some days he's friendly and other times he's very distant . I was with him for 3 months diagnosed w/ unexplain infertility . Each month when I would get a neg result he seemed frustrated and I really felt he did not want to treat me any longer b/c he had no answers. I completely understand that dr's can get frustrated too but his reaction was unprofessional. I went to another specialist who gave me the care and became pregnant.

December 16th, 2011
Excellent treament and Good Service
Excellent treament and Good Service

December 5th, 2011
I am 39 and my husband is 44 and expecting our first child after back-to-back miscarriages. We felt as though Dr. Orris treated us with sensitivity and understanding with our desire to conceive asap and carry to term. He was very encouraging yet honest and optimistic with us every step of the way.

November 29th, 2011
Dr. Orris and MLF are the best in the business!
Dr Orris and the MLF staff are flexible and they adjust their schedules to meet your needs. Dr. Orris has a great bedside manner and is extremely sensitive to your personal and financial situation. We were self pay and he worked with us to make sure we got what we needed to realize our dream of having a baby! I had PGD with IVF due to the fact that I have a large chromosome inversion that would have caused me to miscarry almost every time I was pregnant. I am happy to say I am almost through my first trimester and it is all thanks to Dr. Orris and MLF! My case felt hopeless, but he gave me hope! I will go back again for more children, as I need the technology Dr. Orris and MLF provides to get pregnant. I never thought this would happen for us but Dr. Orris never gave up on us!

October 26th, 2011
Dr. Orris and his staff were so caring and nice. They really took good care of me. I am thankful for all their hard work and encouragement...after a year of treatment, I am now 9 weeks pregnant! :) I will surely recommend Dr. Orris and MLF to my friends and family. Thanks again for all your help and support!

September 9th, 2011
Great experience, fast results!
From the first appointment, Dr. Orris made my husband and I confident that we were in the right place. He made us feel that our concerns were real, but that there were plenty of steps we could take that made us very confident in his abilities. Sure enough, with one minor procedure and the appropriate medication, we were pregnant within 60 days of our first visit. Dr. Orris then diligently followed us through the first trimester until we all felt ready to transition back to my regular ob. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with this office and Dr. Orris in particular.

July 18th, 2011
review
From the first appointment, Dr. Orris gave me the confidence I needed to get through the procedures. He was very knowledgeable and explained the entire process. His staff is helpful and kind and makes you feel like you are the only one there. I would recommend Mainline Fertility for anyone seeking help with infertility. We are expecting our little peanut in jan and we couldn't be happier.

June 30th, 2011
Dr. Orris is a kind and optimistic doctor. He talks through the concerns with you and answers all of your questions thoroughly. I have found that appointments at Paoli and West Chester are easier to come by and run on schedule. Bryn Mawr is definitely the busiest and usually runs behind. And well, we are pregnant, so he must be doing something right :)

May 13th, 2011
Nice Doctor
My main doctor at Main Line Fertility is Dr. Glassner but I have seen Dr. Orris a number of times while Dr. Glassner was on vacation. He was very friendly and knowledgable in regards to my situation. Although he wanted to cancel my last cycle since I had so many follicles the same size but my husband and I refused to cancel this schedule. As a result, we are pregnant with our first little baby. Thank you for giving us your support and guidance throughout this whole process.