Dr. John Ortega Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. John Ortega?

Dr. Ortega Is A Kind, Knowledgeable & Very Professional Physician

Posted on April 18th, 2017

I took my 62 year old brother, who is autistic, to see Dr. Ortega for a mandibular benign tumor. This Dr. was kind to us, knowledgeable and very caring. This type of surgery to remove requires skill and engineenuity. If the surgeon is not careful, they could cut into a nerve which could cause permanent damage (ie., facial drooping, problems chewing etc.) but this Dr. was top flight in handling this surgery. Everything went well and I'm so very happy. GREAT PHYSICIAN!!! He also is great at keeping his patients very informed. I wish there were more likely him.

Posted on October 12th, 2016

My mom needed an ENT specialist to take care of her thyroid growth. We took an appointment with him but he just cancelled the appointment saying he doesn't treat this condition. I assume he was avoiding risks(My mom is old and had heart issues). Never experienced a doctor just rejecting you like this before!

Risk Averse and dismissive

Posted on June 10th, 2016

John's photo here is from his undergraduate days so don't be fooled. Also he is dismissive about a lot when it comes to sinus surgery especially if you have ANY other conditions that might interfere with a procedure. He refused to speak to my other specialist doctor when he asked me to stop taking the medicine from the other doctor suspecting that was causing my sinus problems. Additionally, he w ould not perform surgery on my sinuses b/c I 'had asthma' which other doctors seem to think that would not be impacted at all. He prescribed pill / anitbiotics/ singular which was temporary relief. But like many doctors today refused to address the root of the problem. I would not recommend Dr. Ortega especially for your children or those that cannot fully advocate for themselves.

Still shaking my head- alarmingly bad misdiagnosis

Posted on November 20th, 2015

Spent less than 5 minutes with me and diagnosed my condition as post nasal drip. In fact I have acute tonsillitis caused by a viral infection that is now having to be treated rather aggressively with strong antibiotics and steroids. One of the worse cases my new doctor has ever seen. Ortega used almost none of his medical training to treat me, which between the useless meds fees for the visit has cost me $200. Would have been over $600 without insurance paying for a lot. He is, in my opinion, not at all good at his job- which has almost as much to do with me feeling as though I am being cared for as it does providing as accurate a diagnosis as possible by taking the appropriate amount of time to do so. So very displeased.

Great A Service

Posted on October 19th, 2015

I loved this doctor and his staff. I have never had a doctor and staff take care of me this way. they were always available if I had questions. I was always able to make an appointment with ease. Never had to wait long.

Not good.

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Didn't address most of the issues I went to see him about. Diagnosed my condition based on the nurses pre-visit notes and didn't hear a word I said after that. Seemed hurried and hurried me out of the room.

Excellent surgeon

Posted on October 12th, 2015

Dr. Ortega performed surgery on my ear. It was in such a difficult area and required the removal of cartilage and grafting of skin from my neck. I was concerned what it would look like once the dressing was removed. It has now been 4 months and no one can see any scar on my neck, nor can they tell which ear had the surgery. I am very impressed with Dr. Ortega's skill and bedside manor.

Surgery for Nasal Deviated Septum (Septal Deviation)

Posted on February 20th, 2014

Do not go to Dr. Ortega if you are getting surgery for a deviated septum. My surgery results were fine for a month, but only a month. It felt amazing to breath again for the first time in a few years. Unfortunately, my deviated septum returned to the way it was originally, after only 3 weeks. Huge waste of money but obviously he doesn't care because he made his money off of me. He was about 2 hours late for the surgery where I was just sitting in a wheelchair doing nothing but looking at a wall. He seemed rushed when he got there and it's pretty apparent he rushed through the surgery because it was a failure and I still have the same issue I had before seeing him. If you don't want to waste time, money, and the pain of 3 weeks of downtime with constant nose bleeds for nothing, do not see this doctor. Find a doctor who is more organized. This review doesn't even scratch the surface of my disappointment in the surgery.

Yulia Epshtein, PhD

Posted on April 24th, 2012

Excellent doctor. He helped my both kids!

Posted on March 14th, 2012

Accurately diagnosed nasal infection problem in about 3 minutes & prescribed treatment worked well. Would recommend to family and friends.

Would not recommend

Posted on September 3rd, 2011

Very smart doctor, but not best bedside manner, did not seem to care when they made me wait over 45 minutes to see him, and he prescribed meds that CVS/Walgreens said they cannot get, even in generic. It should not be this hard, and I am a patient patient, but this doctor has tested me. Beware.

Posted on October 20th, 2017