Dr. John Ortolani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 4th, 2016
One of the Worst
Swears at patients and staff. Might see him once every other year. Rude and will NOT listen. Just cares about the cash flow.

October 26th, 2016
Didn't seem to believe that I was in pain and would just renew my pain pills (which I didn't want to get involved in), never suggested any alternative procedures. Never spent more that 15 minutes with me after waiting an average of 45 minutes.

July 5th, 2016
Concerned Doctor
Dr. Ortolani was the first doctor to actually examine me in 3 years. He is very knowledgeable and that gave me hope .

June 14th, 2016
Do not recommend!!!!
Completely disregards evidence that is presented by patient and witnesses. Has no problems calling patients "psycho" or "weird" to their face. Horrible bedside manner. Very rude.

February 29th, 2016
Dr. Ortolani has followed me for my post stroke seizures for years and I go to aquatic therapy with Angel when I can. She's terrific and Dr. Ortolani is geed, but his latest receptionist is horribly rude and nasty.(on the doctor's end of the office). Wait times have been bad in the past, but not today.

February 22nd, 2016
tHANK U DR. ORTOLAN1!
the bedside manner is something we are working on But I have been in pain so long it is probably me being super sensitive. He has helped me more tan any other dr.he actually took the time to do an Mri and found something that ca n be repaired.he is not there for tea and cookies he is there to heal!as a matter of fact I am going to raise his grade up one.truthfully he is awesome. He has so many ideas.very smart man.

February 21st, 2016
my husbands treatment
My husband started going to this Dr. 4 months ago. I am trying to find him another dr. He dreads going there as it's always at least an hour wait. He never looked at medical records , so I don't understand the point in bringing them in. He believes my husband has just 2 bulging disc. where the facts are he has a host of issues including 2 spurs growing into his spinal cord, herniated discs and about 5 other things I can't pronounce. He has prescribed medicine which has tons of acetaminophen so it is tearing his stomach apart. He will not listen. After he found out my husband had insurance he spoke a little more to him but will not rectify the problems with the meds. He also looks dirty greasy hair , face. Not professional at all. The staff at the counter seem like you are bothering them to come to the window at sign in. The only people that seem nice are the business office which we had to go through a mess with them to straighten out a pending amount on our bank account which we had set up a payment plan , but almost got charged the full amount. We have insurance but there is a first of the yr. deductible. We would not advise anyone to see this doctor. And, the bad thing is I heard he use to be really good.

October 6th, 2015
Dr. O has been my doctor since I moved to FL over a year ago. He has a huge practice, and the wait time is pretty long, but there's a good reason - he cares about his patients and is a great doctor. He has a great staff working for him and every phone call is returned in a timely manner. I would and have recommended him to anyone that needs a neurologist. Bottom line, Dr. O is worth the wait time.

August 22nd, 2015
Patient in need of constant Neurological care
All I can say is RUN. I saw this doctor for two years. In the beginning, he was great in both his treatment and approach. Soon after, I only saw him every 3-4 months. The people you have to see when the doctor doesn't are rude, incompetent, and treat you like a druggie. You have to take regular urinalysis's (which I always passed), but I have never had a doctor do this. This tells me that a good portion of his patients are druggies. If you are in need of neurological care as I am, take my advice and find someone else!!

August 20th, 2015
I have just moved into the area and was a first-time patient and went in with a slew of medical records and quite a lot of health (serious ones) issues and I found the staff to be concerning, patient, kind and very helpful. Even the billing department was easy to deal with. Dr. Ortalani had a quick assessment and didn't deter me from my treatment or medication as a lot of doctors have done in my past. My hat goes off to them!

July 23rd, 2015
Never took time to look at my MRI

March 12th, 2015
Excellent doctor, very nice rehabilitation facility. Very nice staff and extremely helpful Dr. O has really helped me after my accident and made my life 100 times better.