A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Gruen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Gruen is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gruen
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gruen Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Gruen, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Gruen graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Gruen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- USC University Hospital
- Huntington Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Peter Gruen MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John P. Gruen practice?
- Dr. John Gruen has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Gruen practices Neurological Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons.