Dermatologists

2001 Crystal Spring Ave SW
Ste 204
South Roanoke, Roanoke, VA 24014
540-981-9367
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Best  |  show details
by Long Time Patient on Mar 4th, 2014

My husband and I loved Dr. Kaufman. He was always thorough and friendly. He discussed trivial things and asked questions about our jobs, family, sunning habits to keep us from being nervous as he carefully examined us for suspicious moles and sun damage and removed precancerous areas. His philosophy was to prevent cancer before it happened. He has now retired and we miss him terribly. Our records were sent to another dermatologist who cannot get us out of his examining room fast enough. He is nothing like Dr. Kaufman. We are still looking for another dermatologist.

|  WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

Dr. Kaufman spent the first few minutes degrading the female dermatologists in my hometown. He said the reason you cannot get an appointment in my hometown is because they are all female with other priorities and they only work three hours per day/three days a week. He further stated that the females are taking up the spaces in medical schools rather then letting a dedicated person have their spot. I thought that mentality was long gone. After this display of unprofessional behavior, I did not care to hear anything he had to say about my skin problem. I will search out another doctor.

|  Totally weird doctor, but I love him  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Kaufmann is totally "old school". His nurses and secretarys use old electric typewriters instead of computers. And Dr. Kaufmann himself is pretty much a fossil. He graduated from Med School in 1970. But he is great!! My husband & I have been going to him for 15 or more years. He gives our bodies a "once-over" and diagnoses problems quickly. Then he quickly goes after the problem spot with a hot tool or cold tool or whatever he uses. He doesn't explain things to us first, he just does it. It's so fast that it's over in a second. I'll be seeing him again soon for a pimple-looking thing that won't heal on my back. I hope he never retires.

|  Spacey, and they need to get with the year 2011!  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

First time ever going to a dermatologist. Never really understood what he was talking about in diagnosing my rash. I asked why and where it was coming from and he didn't answer me clearly. Just gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. And the staff work with typewriters!!! No computers. And I couldn't even pay my copay there because they didn't have a credit card machine. GET WITH IT PEOPLE!

|  Jerk  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2010

Do not go see him! He is an ass who thinks he can talk down to people who wait on him!!!

|  Not satisfied and will not be going back.  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2008

I wanted to see a dermatologist because I had never seen one and wanted to have a check up, and also because I had a rash. Dr. Kaufman came into the room and was more interested in talking about my job than having a consultation. I had to keep redirecting him to my reasons for being there. He took one look at my stomach, wrote me a prescription, and left in 5 minutes or less. I tried to ask a few questions about moles, etc., but he said to come back next year, since there's too many people that need to be seen in the area. I was quite unsatisfied that he didn't seem to care much about my well being, didn't explain himself or answer my questions, and then ran out of the room so quickly. I definitely will not be going back.

|  weird  |  show details
by Julia Adkins on May 30th, 2008

He came in looked at one spot. Then started saying I have too much sun damage and need to have a spot frozen TODAY. When I said no, not today. (Going on a cruise with in the week). He became spaced out. Started asking questions about where I live. Wouldn't do a full check of other spots, said my husband could do that. He's not a doctor he's a deputy!!! He wouldn't look me in the eye and rushed out after I said I would come back. I had just seen my primary physician 4 mths earlier and she wasn't too concerned gave me meds and topical creme. More than he did. He didn't say whether to stay on the meds or creme ... just stay out of the sun. I learned that from TV!! My advice seek another doctor. Not happy with this man and at all!!