Dr. John Kennedy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7
  • 11 reviews

no change

November 29th, 2016
Hated him in the office and he ended up delivering my son and injuring his eye with forceps. Had a terrible experience with him!

April 13th, 2015
Dr. Kennedy is a good doctor. My surgery went well, and I didn't have any problems.

December 12th, 2014
Dr. Kennedy failed to examine me both times that I saw him. He was rude to my family when I was in labor and his bedside manner was horrible. This being my first baby I was scared and he made me feel even worse. Thank goodness he is not my primary ob/gyn and I hope that I never have him again.

November 9th, 2014
Not impressed. Will be changing doctors
I would not recommend. I went to see Dr Kennedy right after having my first baby (that he delivered) because of excess bleeding. I had to wait 1 hour in the waiting room. My mom came to the appt with me to watch my newborn. I had to bring the baby along because I was breast feeding. I got called back to the room and waited over 1/2 hour more. I could hear Dr. Kennedy on a personal call in the hall talking about selling his puppies. It was very unprofessional and he didn't care one bit about his patients having to wait. I started to see the PA ever since then but then had a medical issue that required me to see the doctor again. When going into surgery he marked the wrong side of my stomach. Thank goodness I was still awake to mention this to him. He never went out to tell my husband his the surgery went. When the nurse called him and my husband got to talk to him- he said that he was running behind schedule and had to get back to patients. What about me? He just operated on me-was I not important enough to have two minutes of his time for my husband to be updated. So frustrated! Will be switching doctors moving forward.

September 23rd, 2014
Steer clear of Dr. Kennedy!!!
I was in the hospital after a bout of illness (nausea, vom, the whole 9) @ 24 wks. Dr Kennedy was at the hospital and took my case. The man has ZERO bedside manner and talks to his patients like they are his first year residents. I was so unhappy I vowed never to let him touch me again.

February 2nd, 2014
Dr.Kennedy has a poor bedside manner! He is always in a big hurry!!! Didn't take the time to answer any of my questions or concerns!! As he was listening to the baby's heartbeat..he put the Doppler on my belly for a second tops and removed it held his hand out to help me up and walked out the door!!!! Then to top it off while I was in the hospital he was to check my incision ( had c section) I was in the bathroom drying off, just got out of the shower, he yelled in my name and ask if I was almost done and I said yes I'm just drying off! He said that he would be back to check my incision and he never returned, but he did fill out my discharge papers!! He needs to slow down, take his time with his patients!! I would not go back to him!

June 18th, 2013
Best OB
Dr. Kennedy delivered the last of my four babies, and of the four different OBs I had, he was the best. I wanted a doctor that I knew could handle my pregnancy, and he took excellent care of me. If you want someone who will baby you along in your pregnancy and coddle you, find a nursewife or a doola. If you want someone who will deliver a healthy baby, choose Dr. Kennedy. There is a reason that it can be hard to get an appointment with him (or any other doctor in his practice): he's excellent and his patients want him as their doctor. Some of my friends have had to wait in the waiting room for a while, but when he gets into the room with you, he gives you just as much time. Too bad I'm not having any more babies, because I would definitely choose him again!

March 14th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Kennedy was able to put me at ease during my appointment. He has a great bedside manner and has a great calming affect. He answered all of my questions and made sure I had no additional questions before leaving!

February 2nd, 2012
Do not see this dr. Very rude, no concerns for what you have to say. Poor bedside manners. This dr will not deliver my baby!!!!!

January 15th, 2012
Good doctor
I have never had a problem with this dr. He made me feel important, and took my concerns/needs into consideration. Would see again!

January 4th, 2012
Should not deal with pregnant women.
I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor. I am 38 weeks pregnant. I have had previous issues in my pregnant with hypertension. When I brought up some dizzy spells and headaches with him, the only thing he could do, was berate me for taking excedrin for my headaches. He should have addressed the issues, not talked down to me. He should have educated me, not treated me as if I was a common drug addict who basically caused a birth defect. He has the worst bed side manner of any doctor I have ever dealt with. I am considering switching OBGYNs so I do not have to risk having him delivery my child.There are plenty of careers that surely make this kind of money, where you dont have to at least PRETEND to be compassionate. Jerk! Beware!