Dr. John Stein MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Chesterfield, MO

3.8

January 20th, 2015
Fabulous!
As a private duty Registered Nurse I recently had the opportunity to meet Dr. Stein as my patient was under his care. In my 9 years of nursing I have yet to meet a physician with a better bed side manner than Dr. Stein. I was throughly impressed with the amount of time he spent during office visits. My patient never felt rushed and always left appointments educated and with all his questions answered. The accurateness of his diagnoses even in complex situations were spot on, thus saving us from numerous hospitalizations. Dr. Stein was able to help my patient obtain the best quality of life possible. I was throughly impressed with his care. I can't thank him and his staff enough for everything they did for my patient. They were truly fabulous.

June 23rd, 2014
No longer accepts your medical insurance
I was a patient of Dr. Stein's for approximately three years. At the beginning of 2014 I was notified that to continue receiving treatment I would have to pay him $120 per month IN ADDITION to my employer's health insurance. This would increase in another year as I entered a new age group. If the money issues are put aside, he is a caring doctor but is also VERY quick to prescribe medication. While he never endangered my life with his choices, the medications made me feel absolutely terrible (statins for cholesterol and metformin for blood sugar), He was not very receptive to my concerns about daily discomfort with the medications nor my rising A1c levels from the statin. If you prefer natural remedies for your health issues as opposed to hardcore billion dollar drug company toxins, see another doctor.

October 21st, 2013
Horrible office staff
I"m not sure where to begin with conveying my feelings on the horrible service I have received at Dr Stein's office. His office staff is not only rude when you visit the office they are incompetent in relaying a consistent message. It has been a nightmare dealing with his office. In regards to Dr Stein, I saw him a few times for a condition I had last year. He diagnosed me with "gas" for over 2 months and eventually i had to make a hospital visit b/c I had DVT and a blood clot traveled to my lung. Aside from this I do not find him to be a good communicator. There are many doctors to choose from, I would consider this review if you are thinking about becoming a patient of his. I never write reviews and couldnt resist this time as I dont want you to have the same expereinces I have had, it was a waste of time.

August 25th, 2013
Male patient
Exceptionally thorough physician. Spends as much time as necessary with patients as opposed to most doctors these days, who like to pop in and take a few minutes and then hand things over to the nurses. He is very knowledgeable, the staff is quite courteous, and he always seems to be on target with his diagnoses. Anyone who writes anything negative about Dr. Stein and his office must be from another planet. Best doctor's office I've ever been in.

August 11th, 2013
My first office visit was much more like sitting through a timeshare presentation
I would never go back. Went in to interview Dr. Stein, he explained that he liked to show how he interacts with a patient as the interview. This experience went on for about 30 min. Then he spent 20 minutes trying to sell me on his new concierge style of practice. They never said word one about it when we made the appointment, or showed up. When I asked him why they didn't tell me I was told "we made the decision between when you made the appointment and today." I do not feel that I should have to pay $1500 just to be a patient. Dr. Stein told me he plans to keep 1500-2000 patients. That translates to 2.25-3 Million Dollars a year on top of what he is charging the insurance companies. He did try, during this long drawn out sales pitch, to tell me that this is only for the better of his patients and he won't actually make more money. All in all it was much more like going to a timeshare presentation then visiting a Dr.

April 15th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Stein is the kind of doctor that will spend as much time with his patient to unravel the root of the problem as it takes. He has helped us with many difficult situations in a friendly and professional manner and we will continue to rely on his excellent advise.

April 9th, 2012
Have had better luck after leaving this doctor
I enjoyed having Dr. Stein as my primary care physician, right up until he began yelling at me and berating me. Perhaps that is the way he is, a tough-love kind of doctor, but that is not what I look for in a doctor. The doctor-patient relationship should be one of trust and support, and I did not feel that coming from him, so I found a different doctor a few years ago. A couple of family members are still seeing him and I hear that his attitude is the same. I am trying to get them to leave as well.

January 17th, 2011
Would highly recommend!
My son & I have been going to Dr. Stein for many years. I have never gone to a doctor that has had a better bedside manner or that has spent more time with a patient. You never feel rushed, & he's always happy to answer as many questions you may have. Despite all the time he spends with patients, the wait is never long. If you're looking for a great doctor, look no further.

December 10th, 2010
Very knowledgable and personable
I think Dr. Stein an exceptional physician who views health and lifestyle issues in a holistic manner. Great listener who offers thoughtful strategies whether behavioral pharmacuetical or both. The office staff is wonderful as well. It's really the first experience I've had with being treated like a person vs. a set of symptoms in a doctor's office. I highly recommend him!