Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Mom of a traumatic brain injured son on Jan 13th, 2015

I believe my son was in the best neurosurgeon's hands he possibly could have been in. From the moment he was airlifted into Dr. Weaver's care, to our last contact with him, every moment of recovery for him was off the charts positive. Thank you to Dr. Weaver for his precise surgeries and genuinely caring bedside manners. I cannot say enough positive words about this doctor.

Get second opinion show details Get second opinion
Aug 15th, 2013

Had surgery about 9 months ago and it failed miserably. Didn't seem to care too much and was told to keep in touch.

Amazing surgeon and staff show details Amazing surgeon and staff
by Dale W. on Jul 12th, 2013

I had a severely herniated disc that was pressing on my sciatic nerve. The pain and numbness in my leg was barely tolerable, even with medication. I contacted Dr. Weaver's office, got an appointment that week and was initially seen by his PA, Sharon. She was amazing. Sharon spent alot of time with me and knew how much pain I was in. She was also able to quickly process all the necessary paperwork for the insurance company to authorize my surgery. When I met Dr. Weaver, I was also amazed at his genuine concern and caring manner. He re-arranged his surgery schedule so that he could get me in right away. He performed a micro-discectomy, which is considered day surgery and minimally invasive. The procedure was a great success and eliminated my pain almost immediately! I would highly recommend Dr. Weaver and his staff to others who may be suffering from a variety of spinal issues.

Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr, Weaver and his professional staff were kind and caring. The appointment wait time was very short. I found Dr.Weaver to be an excellent diagnostician.He is a kind and gentle man. He took a lot time explaining my back xrays to me and my daughter. He explained what my limits would be about bending once my brace was removed. Illustrating himself physically how to bend and how not to bend. i am very grateful that I was recommended to Dr. Weaver. I would recommend him to others with spine problems

Dr Weaver is a top-notch neurosurgeon show details Dr Weaver is a top-notch neurosurgeon
May 9th, 2012

I have had two spinal surgeries for spinal stenosis which was first diagnosed in 2005. The second surgery was done by Dr John P Weaver at UMASS Memorial Hospital. Dr Weaver was recommended to me by another surgeon and I am very grateful for that. I found Dr. Weaver to be very professional, compassionate, confident in how he could help me, and extremely competent!! He explained everything regarding my MRI results and options for surgery. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and I felt very secure in his expertise. The surgery went very well. I have just passed the one year mark since surgery. Thank you, Dr Weaver!

Put at ease in a scary situation show details Put at ease in a scary situation
Oct 13th, 2011

I've been having neck pain radiating into my shoulder, arm and hand. As someone who has never had serious health issues, it has been scary. After trying chiropractic, physical therapy and and an epidural steroid shot, my pain amanagement specialist recommended Dr Weaver as being the best.I had my initial consultation with Dr. Weaver today. I agree. He was on-time (I had an early day appointment), communicated well, had contagious confidence and even explained my MRI clearly to me. I would feel confident having him as my surgeon. Fortunately, I found out today that I don't need it. But if I do, I'll choose him.

Dec 27th, 2010

My first meeting with Dr. Weaver was great. He expained everything and was very helpful in letting me know what the MRI meant. I am very happy so far with him and his staff.

MRI show details MRI
Nov 27th, 2010

As he ordered a MRI when all was said and done he looked me in the face and said " I dont see where your pain is coming from". I have received a copy of my MRI and even I can see it is a train wreck! On the brink of using a cane at 43 years old this DR is a money and run!

Jan 18th, 2010

I found Dr. Weaver to have apoor attitude in caring for myself as a patient. I gave information relayed to me by pervious doctors on surgeries that were perform on me. Dr. Weaver dismissed anything I had to say, and told me what I should think. His staff are a disgrace and care little, or not at all, about the patients. They do not return calls, they refuse to help you with FMLA paperwork, and are rude and insensitive when you do speak with them. Dr. Weaver seems to be out of touch with certain procedures, as he recommended a procedure and did not provide any explanation of what to was to take place. When arriveing at the procedure it was completely diffrent than what was ordered due to a lack of understanding. I would not return to this doctor or this hospital for any reason.