Dr. John Welch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Welch?

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. John Welch?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 28th, 2011

2nd Time Around

This is the second procedure I've had with Dr. Welch. I find him to be thorough, comforting, explains diagnosis/procedures in language I can understand, his staff is friendly and professional, and I recommend him if searching for a surgeon.

October 17th, 2011

Ignored me, didn't tell me about any risks, didn't make sure my questions were answered

I went to this appointment with my husband who is in the medical field. The entire appointment, this doctor spoke directly to my husband as if I wasn't even in the room. My husband kept trying to bring me back into the conversation and direct the doctor to address me but each time, he continued to talk to my husband. I have never felt so invisible and I've been to dozens of doctors including surgeons before. I was flabbergasted. Then he didn't even ask me if I had any questions, tell me the risks of the procedure, or make sure I understood anything. In fact, when I plainly told him I didn't understand the nature of what he would be doing, he ignored my question. To top it off, the nurse he had consent me was extremely rude. I left and would never go back. My husband was equally appalled by the lack of bedside manner and professionalism of this office. Find another surgeon.

April 23rd, 2010

This good doctor saved my life 30 years ago. I still see him if surgery is required

November 25th, 2014