A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Whelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Whelan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whelan
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Whelan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Whelan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Schoenlein-Henoch Purpura
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Whelan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mass General Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Patrick Whelan MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. John P. Whelan practice?
- Dr. John Whelan has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Whelan practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Burbank, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Northridge, CA and Boston, MA.
See Burbank Internists and Burbank Rheumatologists.