A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Whelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Whelan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whelan
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. Whelan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Whelan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Schoenlein-Henoch Purpura
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Whelan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mass General Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Patrick Whelan MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. John P. Whelan practice?
- Dr. John Whelan has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Whelan practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Burbank, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Northridge, CA and Boston, MA.
See Burbank Internists and Burbank Rheumatologists.