Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. John Whelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Whelan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Whelan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Schoenlein-Henoch Purpura
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Whelan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whelan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John P. Whelan practice?
Dr. John Whelan practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Los Angeles, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA and Clifton, NJ.
See Los Angeles Internists, Los Angeles Rheumatologists, and Los Angeles Pediatric Specialists.