A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Whelan is Excellent. Dr. Whelan has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Whelan, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Osteoarthritis Hand and Wrist, Rheumatic Diseases, and Schoenlein-Henoch Purpura.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whelan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Whelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John P. Whelan practice?
Dr. John Whelan practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Clifton, NJ.
See Boston Internists, Boston Rheumatologists, and Boston Pediatric Specialists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Deshawn Whelan, Dr. Evan Whelan, Dr. Giovanni Whelan, Dr. Hank Whelan, Dr. Hans Whelan, Dr. Ian Whelan, Dr. Ivan Whelan, Dr. Jack Whelan