Dr. John Papavasiliou MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 3rd, 2016
amazing
he is kind hearted with a sweet voice and very nice to his patients

February 7th, 2016
Experienced and great bedside manner
I came in for a infection and he had already seen a case like it and was very knowledgable. Also, he was funny and had great bedside manner.

January 29th, 2015
Dr. P. saw my son for a broken toe. I found him to be very caring and down to earth. He was friendly and the service at Memorial's ER in Julington Creek was quick and very good. The only downside was it was expensive when I received the bill. It is worth the quality care you received though and they let me set up payment arrangements.

June 20th, 2012
Went to emergency room as recommended by Solantic physician for a Cat Scan or MRI to confirm a diagnosis that I already had suggested to him (bowel obstruction) and after a thorough consultation and exam, he confirmed. Was immediately misdiagnosed in triage and after hours of waiting, finally spoke to Dr Papavasilou who ignored my request for a Cat Scan or MRI and proceeded to do a pelvic exam and then made me go through a painful uterine ultrasound which revealed nothing but a tiny fibroid which he first said wouldn't cause the intense pain and discomfort I was feeling but prescribed painkillers for and said (only to appease me) that it might be responsible for 80% of my pain. I complained that no one had once listened to me when I tried to describe my overall situation which I believed was the cause of my discomfort and his response was to admit me so that I could be examined by the Gastroenterologist the next day. I left with the RX for painkillers and was very angry that I wasted an entire day for nothing. My Dr saw me two days later and listened to my story and like the Solantic physician, he agreed with my diagnosis and scheduled an MRI for the following day. It confirmed my situation after following a liquid diet for a few days with occasional laxative and fiber supplements I was OK. I paid the Hospital bill with a grimace but now I have a $600.00 bill for about 15 minutes total time spent listening to this Dr tell me nothing! My hospital bill was less than this! Does this mean an hour would cost $2400.00???? I will pay but I had to get this off my chest. I feel like I've been robbed!

August 3rd, 2015