Dr. John Paulsen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 15th, 2017
Worst
My dad had to go in for surgery. It was a life changing surgery. He was the doctor doing the rounds that week and came in to talk with us. Well he talked for 5 seconds and tried to leave. He tried to walk out and I said "umm" and he turned back around and say "yeah" and pointed to my mom. He looked at her and he says "what is it?" She asked her question as he listened with disgust and totally didn't answer the question my mom asked. This guy is completely rude. If you can't handle talking with patients, especially before a life changing surgery, and answer questions and comfort them a bit, then get out of the profession. I'm mean come on. My dad had lost a leg. Have a little more compassion.

June 2nd, 2016
Skilled, but rude and pompous
Dr. Paulsen is a skilled surgeon, but is rude, arrogant and verbally abusive. He had little interest in what I had to say, interrupting or ignoring me. Even got me through a tough situation, but left my spirit broken.

February 17th, 2016
awesome Dr and staff

February 10th, 2016
Arrogant, rude, old school deity mentality. He should retire. General surgeons are a special breed. He is the poster child. I would avoid him and would never recommend him. His comments are non-professional. He offers no help for anyone suffering post surgery. Expect nothing from this man. He is an old surgeon who has had his day in the sun and now it is time to pass the baton.

August 2nd, 2013
If you expect to spend time with this doctor forget it.
I had to wait for over an hour to see him and then he was in the room 3 min. 2 min. 30 seconds of which he was fiddling with the computer he didn't know how to use. Evidently I was making him late for lunch. The second time I saw him he came in did the procedure took a phone call in the middle of it telling whoever was on the other line that he wouldn't be much longer and zoomed through the rest of it as to not miss his date. I will never go back to him and I'm having my stitches taken out by my gp.

February 17th, 2013
same doc
Same doc I went to I agree w the first review go to another surgeon

April 16th, 2012
This guy.....
When I think of the word "Doctor" , the image that comes to mind is a hard working, smart, open and personable person. This surgeon is completely the opposite. He is arrogant, snobby, and of what I can tell believes he is above everyone else. Do not give this guy business. Go to another surgeon.

May 12th, 2017