Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Incorrect Information show details Incorrect Information
by New Patient on Apr 30th, 2014

This Dr. is not accepting new patients although this website as well as Ohio Healthcare Referral indicates otherwise. Unprofessional!

Doctors need to take note of their staff show details Doctors need to take note of their staff
Jul 2nd, 2013

I recently tried to make an appointment. I had not been in the office since 2006. That qualified me as a new patient. Shame on me for being healthy! When I asked if they were taking new patients, I was told no, although that is not what the web site said. I did have an ear infection , so had to go to urgent care. Now I'm looking for a new doctor. I have a health assessment done every year through my employer. Up until this year the results were sent to this office. I guess if you don't have routine tests done every year, you aren't considered a patient, More and more companies are doing these assessments and it is much cheaper than going to your doctors office for routine tests. I am fortunate that I am healthy. I really had no problem with the doctor just his very rude staff.

Family practice at its best show details Family practice at its best
by Chris N on Mar 28th, 2013

Our family has been attended by Dr. Pelfrey and his staff for over 20 years. Coming from a medical family, I cannot give high enough praise for the quality of care and the concern shown for the entire family by both physicians and staff of this practice. Great physicians, great nurses and courteous, friendly and helpful staff.

Best Doctor, Bad Staff show details Best Doctor, Bad Staff
Aug 22nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Doctor Pelfrey's since birth. I would never in a million years consider seeing anyone else. He's always polite, thorough and courteous. Dr Pelfrey really understands the nature and balance within a family dynamic. However, getting an appointment timely is often extremely difficult, receiving return calls, followup information and referrals is near impossible with his office staff. The is only one nurse with the office who is sweet as can be everytime you go, but other than that,... I dont know what happened. His office practice used to be run by very efficiant sweet nurses up until about 6 years ago. I dread calling the office for help with something, but love doctor pelfrey.

by Brenda on Jun 4th, 2010

Dr Pelfrey is a very caring and professional doctor. He has been my doctor for 20 years. I have never had to wait for an appointment usually I am seen the same day or next day. The time I spend in the waiting room is only about 5-10 minutes. The staff is great and there is not much turn around. Dr Pelfrey is the best!

by Janis Dean on Oct 31st, 2008

I have been going to Dr. Pelfrey for 15 years. I have been very pleased with him over the years. Dr. Pelfrey is very caring. He spends whatever time is needed during the office visits. He is a good listener and several times has called me himself to deliver test results. He is very personable, very professional, but down to earth. He really cares about his patients.

OK Doctors with a Bad Back Office show details OK Doctors with a Bad Back Office
by Sad Patient on Apr 6th, 2008

Dr. Pelfrey is part of a group of doctors, who are "in general" are good doctors. It's the office practices, itself which is bad. Here are some of the concerns: 1) overbooking and way in-advance 2) phone is always busy 3) follow-up calls take a long time, and they only leaves voice mail msgs. with little to no way of discussing the diagnoses. 4) back office staff is overworked and have the attitudes to show it 5) they are NOT taking any new patients 6) hours have been shorten and inconvenient