Dr. John Pelligra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 7th, 2016
A true healthcare professional- An example for all
I have been with Dr. Pelligra for over 20 years. I am long overdue in paying my respect to this gentleman. He is a wonderful, caring, thoughtful physician. After two late term miscarriages, I was able to deliver my son successfully, although prematurely. Due to the many problems I had, I truly believe that if not for Dr. Pelligra my son would have been stillborn, as with the case with my other earlier pregnancies. During this pregnancy my perinatologist dismissed symptoms and complaints I made during a visit. Fortunately I had an appointment with Dr. Pelligra the next day and he immediately examined me, got me into the hospital and took me to surgery preventing the delivery of my son at 22 weeks. I felt compelled at this time to write this comment because I went to see him for my annual exam recently. I was the last appointment of the day and you know everyone wanted to leave. He asked about my health and noticed how swollen my legs were. He spent a good hour with me that day examining me and discussing the swelling and what might be causing it. He drew pictures. He solicited feedback. He encouraged me to try a course of action that other physicians said wouldn’t work with me. He started me on medication and asked me to change my diet and fluid intake. I've lost seven pounds in eight days. He took the time to address a non-gynecological issue when other physicians hadn’t bothered with it for over a year. This is who he is. I cannot say enough about this gentleman. I wish I could clone him!!!! God bless this doctor.

October 21st, 2015
Best doctor by far!!!!
I have had my share of doctors in the past 10 years and not one of them compared to my experience with Dr. Pellegra. He is the absolute best. Most compassionate doctor I have ever encountered. I'm so honored to have him as my doctor and I recommend him to every single person I possibly can.

June 29th, 2015
A wonderful doctor and true gentleman. He has literally saved my life twice. I trust him completely.

September 18th, 2014
Fantastic!
I brought my 15 year old to see Dr. Pelligra after not liking the way my own doctor was with my daughter. Dr. Pelligra explained things very clearly and even drew diagrams so my daughter and I were very clear about everything. Then he asked if I was available for test that day and thankfully I did. My daughter had a large pituitary tumor. Dr. Pelligra called me and was so caring. He went above and beyond. Even though this was now an issue for another doctor, he is still following her to insure she is properly cared for. I strongly recommend him!

July 13th, 2012
THE ABSOLUTE BEST !
I have been a patient of Dr. Pelligra's for 20 years. As others have written, Dr. Pelligra goes above and beyond any doctor that I've ever known!He is caring,compassionate,detailed, and thorough. He has helped me thru a miscarriage, the births of my first and second child, and a hysterectomy. Dr. Pelligra correctly identified me with a rare blood disorder that little was known about, back in 1995. As a result, he ordered more tests and I received the proper care that enabled me to have my 2 children, in 1996 and 2003. They are alive, and I am alive, today, as a result of his diligence.When the hemotologist that I was seeing at the time, did not correctly oversee my condition, Dr. Pelligra took back control of the situation and followed the progression of my rare blood disorder and all the extra follow-up care that involved (constant phone calls from his office, checking lab results, writing prescriptions to adjust the amount and type of medication.)I can not write enough about this wonderful man!I could go on and on. I would, and have recommended him to many friends. Dr. Pelligra treats each of his patients as if they were a member of his own family. He cares that much !

October 7th, 2011
I have referred many women to Dr. Pelligra. I think he is a wonderful, caring doctor.

July 11th, 2011
awesome
I love him! He is very polite and kind and respects you. Ive been going there for about 6 years and I plan to keep going. Highly Recommended !

January 7th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Pelligra's for 17 years. If not for his attentive care, my 16 year old daughter would not be here. He is the most caring doctor I've ever know, and the most respectful of the discomfort women feel with many gynecological procedures. I cannot recommend him more highly.

April 7th, 2010
A VERY GOOD OB/GYN
Although there are times when I have gone to see him for an appointment where he has been called out for a baby emergency, I have always been rescheduled in very timely fashion. He has a wonderful, gentle bedside manner and while he is somewhat soft-spoken, he is not one to mess around. He takes all things very seriously and has a very commanding presence in the operating room, without having to raise his voice or stop what he is doing. He has earned my trust and my respect.

April 6th, 2010
You have to make a complete visit (and be charges for a full visit) just to see test results. Instead of doing everything at once, you have to keep coming back. He is very thorough, I just don't have the time or patience to visit his office 4 times for one problem.