Dr. John Pender MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2016
Rude, misinformed, arrogant with the personality of an old shoe.

January 19th, 2016
lap band surgery
Dr Pender is the most caring surgeon i have ever met. He will direct you on how to continue in the weight loss. LISTEN TO HIM AND DO WHAT HE SAYS. he told me to do cardio and i didnt think i had it in me to do that since i was out of breath every time i tried. but i had to build myself up to it. it took me about a month. but i went from 3 min on the elliptical the tread mill on an incline to 45 min on the elliptical. it was a great feeling to have reached that goal. give me my cold water, a towel and my music and im in the ZONE. my hip gives me a fit in the winter but i try to push through it and at least do something. i have kept the weight off. and i practice discipline in my eating habits daily. sometimes i fail. but i get back up and FOCUS again. Dr Pender shows pride in his patients when they progress. the surgery is just an assist, the rest has to come from the patient. you have to change the way you think about food. increase protein, decrease carbs, increase fiber. our bodies dont need that many carbs. and carbs are so easy to get. its in peas, carrots, corn, beans. so an excess of potatoes, rice, pastas, is only needed when doing a heavy workout. anyway. HE is amazing. and taught me so much. i love this Docor!

July 30th, 2013
lap band surgery
he cares, he is thorough in expressing the importance of lifestyle change. if he says do something listen to him he knows what he is talking about. when he told me to do cardio i didnt think i could . built up my resistance and raised my resistance to the right heart rate for my age. it took a few months to get use to working out but now i love it. im healthier and feel better. the lifestyle change motivated me to change not only the amount of food i eat but what i eat and to choose wiser when i am hunger. thank you Dr. Pender for all you taught me. you changed my life. and most importantly .... He truly cares.

December 28th, 2009
bariatric surgery w/ dr John Pender
the most important factor in going through post op and pre op is following the doctors orders to the letter. Dr Pender knows exactly what he is doing and does this surgery numerous times on a weekly basis. the shows much concern for his patients before, during and after surgery. i chose the lap band not only because it was recommended by him but also because i get the opportunity to follow up every month for one year to assure i am changing my lifestyle correctly. Dr Pender informs you of the things you should or should not be doing because he cares. bariatrics is a lifestyle change for the better and of you have any questions or concerns of any kind he and his staff and there to assist you without hesitation. I highly recommend Dr Pender and his staff if you are considering lap band or gastric bypass. he takes pride on the weight loss success of his patients because it is a team effort and he and his staff work very hard in doing their part. he is polite and courteous to the patient when medical students come into his facility to discuss a patient's procedure, i feel like im in a gray's anatomy tv show. also has a layed back sense of humor. Dr Pender is an all around great doctor and human being.

December 13th, 2016