Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Thank you VERY much show details Thank you VERY much
by Anna W. on Feb 25th, 2015

To the office of Dr. John Pennings, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Pennings and his entire staff for the wonderful care I received before, during and after my recent procedure. Kassi, especially, was wonderful, courteous and helpful, going above and beyond what is expected.

Dr. John Pennings and staff show details Dr. John Pennings and staff
by Leni H. on Oct 1st, 2013 on doctor.com

My experience with Dr. Pennings and his staff was wonderful. From the first appointment to the last I cannot say enough on what a pleasurable experie ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
SAVIOR show details SAVIOR
Jan 23rd, 2013

This doctor saved my moms life by doing her surgery!!! he is always nice to my mom and makes her feel like a human being. his staff is very nice to my mom also. his PA has been grouchy and not approachable but the doctor himself is wonderful. best medical experience my mom has ever had!!!!!

I just had bariatric surgery show details I just had bariatric surgery
Mar 17th, 2012

Dr Pennings performed my RNY recently. While researching where I wanted to have my surgery performed. My first visit I did not like the receptionist. Almost to the point I wouldn't consider having surgery at his office because of her. It was a pleasant surprise when I came to one of my first appointments and she wasn't there anymore. My first appointment with Dr Pennings, he spent the time to answer my questions and didn't make me feel rushed in any way. I was also pleased to meet the dietician and psychologist. They were both professional and made me feel comfortable. My surgery went very well and I am recovering very well.

Stay away at all costs... show details Stay away at all costs...
Dec 22nd, 2010

I cannot believe that he is still practicing medicine. All that he cares about is the almighty dollar and his staff is a combination of inept, hostile and rude that I have never encountered in my life. Their psychologist is downright hostile and should not be treating patients until she works out her own issues.I VERY politely requested that they bill my insurance. I had to ask SIX times and it has still not been billed. When I requested documentation that they had actually billed my insurance because my insurance company has no record of the billing, I received a letter from them indicating that I was no longer their patient. Nice.

Dec 13th, 2010

he was very rushed and caused me a lot of pain during the exam

he's great show details he's great
by Tiffany on Oct 21st, 2008

I've had to see pennins several and it been a plaesant visit every time its nice when you trust the doctor you see.