Dr. John Pennings MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 5th, 2015
No People Skills
Did not make himself available. Not friendly or informative. No visit after surgery to discuss.

February 25th, 2015
To the office of Dr. John Pennings, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Pennings and his entire staff for the wonderful care I received before, during and after my recent procedure. Kassi, especially, was wonderful, courteous and helpful, going above and beyond what is expected.

October 1st, 2013
Dr. John Pennings and staff
My experience with Dr. Pennings and his staff was wonderful. From the first appointment to the last I cannot say enough on what a pleasurable experie ...

January 23rd, 2013
SAVIOR
This doctor saved my moms life by doing her surgery!!! he is always nice to my mom and makes her feel like a human being. his staff is very nice to my mom also. his PA has been grouchy and not approachable but the doctor himself is wonderful. best medical experience my mom has ever had!!!!!

March 17th, 2012
I just had bariatric surgery
Dr Pennings performed my RNY recently. While researching where I wanted to have my surgery performed. My first visit I did not like the receptionist. Almost to the point I wouldn't consider having surgery at his office because of her. It was a pleasant surprise when I came to one of my first appointments and she wasn't there anymore. My first appointment with Dr Pennings, he spent the time to answer my questions and didn't make me feel rushed in any way. I was also pleased to meet the dietician and psychologist. They were both professional and made me feel comfortable. My surgery went very well and I am recovering very well.

December 22nd, 2010
Stay away at all costs...
I cannot believe that he is still practicing medicine. All that he cares about is the almighty dollar and his staff is a combination of inept, hostile and rude that I have never encountered in my life. Their psychologist is downright hostile and should not be treating patients until she works out her own issues.I VERY politely requested that they bill my insurance. I had to ask SIX times and it has still not been billed. When I requested documentation that they had actually billed my insurance because my insurance company has no record of the billing, I received a letter from them indicating that I was no longer their patient. Nice.

December 13th, 2010
he was very rushed and caused me a lot of pain during the exam

October 21st, 2008
he's great
I've had to see pennins several and it been a plaesant visit every time its nice when you trust the doctor you see.