Dr. John Petrozza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Petrozza?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. John Petrozza?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 10th, 2015

Awesome physician!

Dr. Petrozza is the best! He has a very busy practice, but does his best to arrange phone or Skype visits, and always answers his emails. Several of my friends see him and rave about his bedside manner and the comfortable atmosphere he creates.

March 22nd, 2013

Great care!

I was saddened to see a few negative comments about Dr. Petrozza, as I have been following him for the last 10 years and think he is great. People need to know that he is an infertility specialist, a reproductive surgeon, and also has taken it upon himself to see women with chronic pelvic pain, like myself. There is nobody else in New England that has taken on this responsibility. I wnet in to see him demanding surgery, because I thought that is what I needed. I had just undergone surgery a few months before I went to see him, so he was obviously concerned that I hadn't improved. He reviewed all my records and outlined an interesting plan for me. He felt some of my pain was muscular....I though he was crazy. He asked me to trust him for a few months until we completed his recommendations...I once again thought he was crazy. I even posted a comment in another site questioning his method. I had self-diagnosed myself and I was sure surgery was what I needed. Surprisingly, after a few months of physical therapy and trigger point injections, I was beginning to feel better! He also diagnosed me with interstitial cystitis and after starting some treatment for that, I improved immensely. Eventually, he did take me back to surgery, but this time my recovery was better and he felt it was because we had taken care of all the other factors that were contributing to my pain. I think these patient who have written poor comments had expectations that were unreasonable or went in with the wrong mindset. Dr. Petrozza sees my sister and my cousin, and they are both very happy with his care. I will admit that he has gotten more busy, which is why he has other physicians helping him. Perhaps he is not spending as much time with them as he has spent with me. All I know is that he has fixed me, and I am forever grateful. If Dr. Petrozza was not here, who else would see patients like me? Other Gyns just want to operate and then send you away.

March 21st, 2013

Best in New England!

Dr. P tells it like it is. He has a great bedside manner, tells you what he thinks is going on, and gives you options. I initially saw him for pelvic pain, we did several tests, tried a few simple medical treatments, and I eventually needed surgery. My prior doc said my pelvis was a mess - filled with endometriosis and scar tissue. Dr. P did a laparscopy, cleared things out, and told me to try and get pregnant for the next 3 months. My son is a miraculous gift from what this man was able to do for me.

March 21st, 2013

Great clinician!

March 17th, 2013

Make big a mistake -Miss diagnosis ovarian cancer

I visited Dr. Petrozza with endometriosis history, and severe pelvic pain, colon obstruction pain. He never did examine for my pain. Never know where I have pain. then he did surgery for his research project, not for diagnsis and treat my disease. After sugery he find " nothing wrong" then he told my husband and other Doctor I have a psychological pain disorder. His word and " diagnosis" almost cause my life, cause my love husband left me. After his surgery only 2 months another Gyne Doctor find tumors by regular and simple pelvic examine. Dr. Petrozza should be "expert " in his field, but he made a big mistake because he never perform any pelvic examine, he missed diagnosis. I have ovarian cancer spread to colon, bladder and pelvic. For my experiences with him, He is not a good doctor at all.

February 21st, 2013

poor patient management

I've see dr. petrozza for about a year and a half. At this point, I am treated like a guest who has over stayed her welcome. Love the no return calls at this point too. Sadly, looks like he has built his success on easy cases. He is at a loss with my case and couldn't care less.

February 17th, 2013

So, call good bedside manners is only for his own professional gain. He and his staff are not helpful. I came in complaining of abdominal pain, not only he did not attend me when came in for an appointment but he send in another doctor who is not familiar with my case. When he came in to say hello, as he was entering the exam room he made a comment “she came to see me because she missis me”. Standing right in front of me, from a distance, and staring at me like as if I had a contagious disease. Exchanging few words with me, leaving as quickly as he entered the room. I left with no concrete answer from Dr. Petrozza, except a Rx (the Dr. who saw me first) Necon to suppress ovulation.

January 25th, 2013

Provided poor medical care/advice

Seeing Dr. Petrozza was a waste of time. Instead of accurately assessing my well-documented disease state, he instead turned it into a very strange session of gossiping about other providers. He virtually ignored the medical information at hand and suggested I work up everything else under the sun that is completely irrelevant to my advanced disease state. I would never recommend him and am surprised he holds the position that he does at MGH.

January 22nd, 2013

Dr. Petrozza is kind and has wonderful bedside manner he is the best gyn for uterine septums

November 12th, 2012

Dr petrozza changed my life.

I was petrified by things I had heard about my diagnosis of endometriosis until I met this doctor. I had seen 3 before him who knew very little about it. He gave me hope, and the most reassuring care ive ever received. Dr Petrozza explained things in a way I could understand and went above and beyond to make every appointment educational and comfortable. I look forward to every visit with him and feel blessed to have such an amazing doctor on my side.

May 23rd, 2012

A so so doctor

May 25th, 2011

Very happy with Dr. Petrozza and his staff.