Dr. John Pfeiffer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Pfeiffer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017

Wish there were more Doctors like him,has a Heart!!!!!!

My boyfriend and I saw him he really cares about what you think he's not fake he does not work at careteam anymore they couldn't deal with real doctor, if we find him again we will move to where he's working great person !!!!!

June 15th, 2017

Best family doctor I have ever been to, very knowledgeable and very smart. Wish I could find what office he is at now.

May 24th, 2017

A caring doctor

May 21st, 2017

Best physcian i have seen so far being in SC

May 18th, 2015

Pill Pusher

Dr. Pfeiffer hooked me on xanax after my mother died and I had trouble sleeping. He assured me that xanax was going to be helpful and told me that he gave it to his aunt when his uncle died. When a month had gone by and I told Dr. Pfeiffer that I kept needing more and more xanax to sleep and that I was worried about the fact that I now needed 4 xanax to get to sleep, Dr. Pfeiffer told me not to worry -- that some of his patients take 40 xanax a day! When I told Dr. Pfeiffer that I was going to stop taking the xanax, he did not tell me about the need to give it up slowly. So I stopped cold turkey and I'm still in recovery from the emotional imprintment of what the xanax detox did to me.

July 29th, 2012

Staff is awful

The overall he betrays the image that he does not care. Docter pheifer is probally the most Vulgar physician that I have met. He is slow on getting lab information back, or following up with the patient to see if the labs were done. Docter Pheifer nor his staff respond to emailConcerning labs.

March 15th, 2012

Thank God for Dr. Pfeiffer!

My two daughters and I have been patients of Dr. Pfeiffer's for several years.On our first visit, I knew he was the right general practioner for us because he actually knew more about my youngest daughters' two rare conditions than the specialists did!! After many years, I had finally found someone that listened to me. We've gone on to be accurately diagnosed ever since. His intelligence, experience, and empathy make him an excellent doctor and a pleasure to know.

January 3rd, 2012

Is a thorough & caring physician, very knowledgeable on complex illnesses.

Dr. Pfieffer takes the time to listen to your concerns that you may have. Covering all aspects of treatments in a way that the patient will understand. Caring enough to see you again in 2 weeks. The staff was very friendly and helpful with issues with the insurance companies. The wait time is very understanding because the doctor actually spends the time with you as well as other patients.I would recommend Dr. pfieffer to others in need in the future.

April 5th, 2011

Great Doctor

If you are looking for someone who will focus on outcome based medicine this is the guy for you. Dr. Pfeiffer takes his time to speak with you and is not afraid to question the status-quo or conventional wisdom of the medical community. Dr. Pfeiffer wants people to get the most out of their lives by building a relationship that allows him to treat you as an individual with unique concerns. There is no "shrug and bill" mentality that I have experienced here in Central Florida. I have been with Dr. Pfeiffer for nearly a decade and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

April 3rd, 2011

Professional & Personal

Dr. Pfeiffer has been our general practitioner doctor for 10+ years. When we have run into unexpected illness, he and his staff find a way to fit us in, which is something most doctors won't do, so as previously rated sometimes there is a long wait because a patient needs more of his time, as sometimes we have needed that extra time. He spends time you need to answer questions and present options for treatment for more complicated diagnoses. We feel very fortunate to have him as our family doctor.

December 2nd, 2010

BEST DR. EVER!!

He is such an amazing Dr. I left to the UK for 6 months and he still made sure I had enough medication and refills. Never met a Dr. with such a sweet, laid back but still amazingly professional attitude. Spends time with you and is never pushing you out the door like other Dr's. do. I will never leave his practice! I don't know what I will do when he retires?? :-)

July 8th, 2010

Nightmare Staff!!!

Office staff is utterly incompetent. They are rude, do not answer any emails at all sent my patients and never return your phone calls! They will overcharge you and your provider for every visit. They sent me to get blood work to an address where the office was completely shut down. When I told them that they sent me to an address that is no longer in service, they just said "oh" without any apology at all for wasting my time. Theresa and Teri are useless. They submitted claims to a past provider I had from a previous place of employment that was in my file even after I gave them my new insurance card. Then they asked me to resend my new information to them three different times! It's been a nightmare trying to fix the mess they created, going on two months now! If you want a nightmare experience just use this Doctor's office. They also double charge you by coding your bill with different numbers for the same service!

Doctor's Response

Thanks, I have a new staff now for these reasons, although I'm not quite sure how I'm responsible for whether or not your insurance company's preferred lab keeps open their sites or not. We are a small operation that has a lot of problems keeping up with profound changes in the requirements of multiple insurance providers, including coding, and we are admittedly far from expert (although hopefully improving considerably) in billing. I would suggest that the problems you experienced are increasingly common among individual primary care practitioners, which is one reason why, when I opened my practice in 2000, there was a shortage of over 400 family physicians in the area and by now the situation is likely considerably worse due to population growth and physician attrition, i.e., few new primary care physicians care to practice here because of the difficulties getting started. BTW, it took me anywhere from 4-9 months to get "credentialed" by many insurers because of their arcane rules, even though I had been a provider for many of them in Akron for 16 years, so I don't think all of your complaints are actually OUR responsibility - e.g., insurance companies have taken to simply rejecting without notification claims that are not "clean", leaving us without any way even to know your visit isn't going to be paid for by them without hiring even more staff to go to their website and investigate the progress of the claim ourselves, even if we've totally and fairly provided the service. I'll tell you straight away - I hate coding, I don't understand it, we likely don't do it right to OUR detriment, and, despite your suggestions, I've never even earned the average STARTING pay for a family physician because I don't focus on reimbursement. Sorry if that doesn't work for you, the ERs and UCCs who make that their primary concern (and have different codes that pay them multiple times what I'm allowed to charge) are far more efficient at this and we'll never be as ruthlessly efficient as they are. We are practicing in a system that simply doesn't reimburse the way I practice - in short, the road to success these days, unlike when I started in 1981, is to spend as little time as possible with patients, bring them back as often as you can, refuse to take care of more than one problem on each visit, and even replace your own presence with a PA or NP if you can. I see every single patient, take care of multiple problems at each visit, frequently get bogged down by "oh, by the way, while I'm here I have a list of problems......." patients, spend far more time with each patient than I will ever be paid by the current coding system, and am still struggling to survive in an environment that is increasingly economically hostile to individual physicians who don't have a highly paid procedure to subsidize their practices. Ever wonder why so many primary care physicians are adding "ancillary" services such as selling bogus "wellness" medications and shooting Botox? The answer is that they can't survive without it. Gosh, I wish I had a deep pocket like a hospital or large group behind me like others, but I'm one of the few remaining FPs who's trying to do this on his own nickel.....

SHOW