Dr. John Phillips MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Hawthorne, NY

• Good
  • Bad

January 28th, 2016
I chose Dr. Phillips based on his education background, good reviews , and my family 's affinity to this hospital. He seems to have successfully cured my prostrate cancer, however his ethics I found questionable, and follow up care horrendous. we never discussed the probably of incontience after the surgery, but when I experienced this he said to buy diapers and in a week it would go away. We'll Dr. Phillips that was over a year and a half ago and the problem still exists. I was prescribed med. that costs $240 a month that did nothing then another one for $450 that I could not afford. it makes me wonder about the relationship between drug companies & doctors. What really made me disgusted is when he made derogatory comments about another medical condition I have. overall I found him abrupt, seemingly greedy and uncaring.

January 12th, 2016
Dr. Phillips certainly is an extremely knowledgeable and patient centered physician. A doctor that is caring, understands not just the patient but takes the time to understand the family. Is always available for his patients.

March 18th, 2013
Exemplary doctor. Humane, patient and brilliant!

May 18th, 2012
Adrenalectomy
Dr. John Phillips saved my life. I was referred to him with an undiagnosed illness. I had been sick for many years. He immediately identified my condition, and after extensive testing advised me of the necessary surgery. He was calm, patient, and answered all of my questions. He performed a complicated surgery on me an adrenalectomy which removed my left adrenal gland and a benign tumor. Post surgery he was there for me and was quick to recognize a complication a week after surgery not related to the surgery he performed and address that issue.

December 10th, 2010
Dr. Phillip is "brilliant" in his field. We personally traveled out of state to be treated by him. He is warm, extremely intelligent and has the most wonderful bedside manner I have come across. He is extremely caring, I would not want any other physician! We went to 3 physicians before we found him and I'm glad I spent the time in researching the best physician , because I found him and I will NOT change. We will follow him where ever he goes.

February 9th, 2017