Dr. John Pickens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Pickens?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

March 25th, 2016

I agree with butcher

operated on me in 2014 just supposed to clean out sinus cavities but did extensive surgery on my septum which it didn't need because it had already been fixed, and cause me to lose all sense of smell. And just like the one who posted "butcher" tried to treat with prednisone and said time will heal not make worse. After another ct scan and a good doctor examine it was determined that he had according to the doctor "aggressively removed and damaged the fibers of the nose which helps you to smell" so thanks now I can no longer smell or taste the good things of life. Please stay away or at least get a second opinion before letting him lose on something so delicate as your nose it could affect your life like it did mine.

December 22nd, 2015

BUTCHER!!!

Dr. Pickens did surgery on me. He was suppose to straighten a deviated septum, 'scrap out' my sinuses and remove a cyst. As it turned out, the nose is still crooked (with no explanation) and still cant breathe out of that side. but i wasnt interested in that. He was going to do surgery and "look around" for the cause of my terrble problem. Found cyst on CAT scan before surgery but turns out in a post op scan that he left in 2 more cysts. so i wonder how much looking around he really did. then post op i had continued problems with swelling and pain. He saw me a couple of times before telling me i didnt need to come back anymore (but i did twice). He kept telling me time was the only remedy. First post op he says 2 weeks and you'll have steady improvement. well THAT didnt happen!! then he stretched it out to 3 months, then 6 months to a year. but he did nothing to help relieve my problems post op and basically just told me to stay home. finally my GP got me into another ENT who prescribed and antibiotic and course of prednisone. FINALLY after 3 MONTHS i started to get better after given those meds by another doctor. he could have easily done that 3 weeks post op! just standard care! And y problem? still there only worse. He also claims he has 28 yrs of experience but i found out he has been an ENT since 2013 and an internist before that. DONT GO TO THIS 'PERSON'. His audiologist gets good reviews but he is the pits! i guess the worst part is how he abandons you after surgery. i couldn't believe he refused to do the simplest thing (prednisone, nose sprays, antibiotic) after the surgery!!!!! ANY doc would have done that....but not him???!!!!

August 17th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Pickens after repeated visits to local ENTs and visits to Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore. I had suffered for years with extreme ear pain, headaches, drainage, and a very reduced quality of life. Dr. Pickens quickly followed my initial visit with an accurate diagnosis and performed a mastoidectomy. I am now able to function again and will always consider Dr. Pickens a "God send" in my life. He is attentive, courteous, extremely knowledgable, and always there when I need him.

August 4th, 2012

great doctor he fixed my broken nose and helped me get my insurance to cover some cost i can finally breathe now thanks to dr pickens

February 14th, 2012

Best physician I have ever seen

July 22nd, 2011

Exceptional

January 21st, 2011

More docs should have his bedside manner.

I have seen him on three occasions and I consistently felt very confident in his knowledge and professional conduct. He is a real person without that superiority that so many docs have these days. He is practical and has always given great advice, for my benefit.I consider him an exceptional physician. His staff has been equally as pleasant.

November 17th, 2010